Loren (RD 2311) (world)
This is a world-system under construction and is currently being input-programmed into the Traveller RPG Wiki.
|Loren/Caledon (Reaver's Deep 2311)|
|Classic Era (1115)|
- As an agricultural world, this world is a near-ideal environment for producing quality foodstuffs of plant, animal, and other forms. Quality foodstuffs are a major export commodity for this world.
- It requires extensive imports of outside technology to maintain a modern, star-faring society. Having to import most manufactured and high tech goods drives the price up for these items at this world.
- This dangerous world is designated an Amber Zone with an environment, laws, customs, life forms, or other conditions make it dangerous to visitors.
- This world is a "Twilight Zone World", a planet that is tidally-locked to its primary world, giving a hot pole, a cold pole and a twilight zone in-between.
- It is a client state of the Third Imperium in the Caledon Subsector of Reaver's Deep Sector.
- This world contains an Imperial Scout Base, capable of handling IISS starships and personnel.
- This is the homeworld of the Bruhre, a sophont species and a minor race.
- The population of this world is nearly 100% Bruhre.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
Loren is a fascinating world, an example of a highly unusual ecology at work.
- The world has been colonized, albeit lightly by a nonhuman Imperial race originating in the Daibei sector, the Bruhre.
- Locked with one side constantly towards its star, the world is not the classic twilight zone planet, because even the dayside temperatures under the feeble light of Prometheus are barely over freezing.
- Twilight zone temperatures are far below the range for human comfort.
Loren (RD 2311) Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Loren (RD 2311) Primary Red M5 V
No information yet available.
Nonetheless, this singularly inhospitable world does support life. In the absence of an effective form of photosynthesis, the plant life of Loren relies on a chemosynthetic base; life flourishes even in some portions of the nightside, where volcanoes supply sufficient heat and a source for a variety of chemicals necessary for the world's life-processes. Higher forms of animal life also exist, in a complex food chain not entirely unlike our own, but with intriguing variations.
Primary: Prometheus, spectral class M0V. ICN S4G0701M0V. Mass, 0.489 standard. Stellar Diameter, 0.549 standard. Luminosity, 0.04 standard.
Planetary System: Four major bodies. One inhabited world (Loren, I). One gas giant in system. No planetoid belts in system.
I Loren: Mean orbital radius, 26.93 million kilometers (.18 AU). Period, 39.9 days. No satellites. Diameter, 8552 Kilometers. Density, 1.01. Mass, 0.247 standard. Mean surface gravity, 0.63 G. Rotation period: none (tidal lock with primary). Axial inclination 2°49'20.2". Albedo, 0.26. Surface atmospheric pressure, 1.1 atm. Composition, oxygen-nitrogen mix with suflur and sulfur compounds taint; filter mask required to breathe atmosphere. Hydrographic percentage, 40%; composition, water and frozen water-ice. Mean surface temperature, dayside, 5°C; nightside, -124°C.
History & Background (Dossier)
Loren is not actually part of the Imperium, but an IISS base is present, and the Bruhre government of the world is answerable to their own homeworld.
- Imperial membership is likely to be granted within the next fifty years.
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|