|Larspri/Dethenes (Old Expanses 0408)|
|Classic Era (1115)|
|Primary||M0 V M9 V|
Larspri is a barren world with no overt population, government, or law level.
- This world could be populated if anyone had an inclination to do so...
- This a "forbidden" world designated as a Red Zone with an environment, laws, customs, life forms, or other conditions that make it extremely dangerous to visitors. Everyone is forbidden to travel here.
- It is a member of the Third Imperium in the Dethenes Subsector of Old Expanses Sector in the Domain of Sol.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
Tiny, dense Larspri holds an atmosphere of hydrogen and carbon compounds only because it is fairly far from its primary.
- These react with the metals on the surface to produce corrosive and poisonous compounds. Its tiny hydrosphere is composed of frozen carbon dioxide at the poles.
- This lump of matter would be good for nothing if it were rock, but it is almost pure metal.
- Scientists have speculated that it may be a chunk of a planetary core left after the planet was smashed by comets, or even a chunk of a burned-out dwarf star.
- Larspri is a rich source of metals from copper through the transuranics.
Binary Solar System
Larspri Binary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Larspri
Primary Main Sequence 0.489 2800 - 3600 0.04 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.00511 0.01659 0.16 - 0.26 0.511 5.11 Orbit # * * 0 1 6 Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Larspri
Secondary Main Sequence 0.215 1900 - 2400 0.001 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.00187 0.00262 0.03 - 0.04 0.187 1.87 Orbit # * * * 0 4
History & Background (Dossier)
Larspri (Old Expanses 0408 X1B1000-0): Due to the impossible conditions no one lives here, but 12 major companies have mining claims here which are worked by specially designed robots, impervious to corrosion.