Fringian Light Goods Van
|Light Goods Van|
The Light Goods Van is a type of Ground Car.
Description / Specifications
The Light Goods Van is a small cargo vehicle designed for the civilian market and small commercial organisations.
Hull / Suspension
A generally box-shaped hull constructed from steel.
- Length: 6.5m, Width: 2.0m, Height: 3.2m.
- Overall Volume: approximately 42m³ (3.1 dTons).
- Unloaded Weight: 2,600 kg.
The overall volume measures the vehicles maximum dimensions and includes road clearance. The enclosed volume of the contoured hull is lower.
The vehicle is fitted with a wheeled suspension system mounted on axles.
- The vehicle performs well on metalled surfaces but has a very limited off-road capability.
Power / Transmission
A small internal combustion power plant using hydrocarbon fuel. The fuel is contained within a small protected tank.
- Cruise Speed: 75 kph, Top Speed: 110 kph. Off-road Speed: less than 15 kph.
- Range: 800 km at Cruise Speed, 550 km at Top Speed.
Crew / Cargo
The body of the van consists of an enclosed compartment fitted with clear windows. The crew cabin is located towards the front of the vehicle and contains two seats – an additional passenger can be accommodated though such arrangements are cramped. The vehicle has basic environmental protection (the hull is weatherproof but is not sealed) and is fitted with interior lights. The driver's position is fitted with basic mechanical controls. A console provides data such as engine temperature and velocity.
The cargo hold is accessed by side and rear doors.
- Cargo Storage: 22.5m³ (1.6 dTons).
- Maximum Load: 25,200 kg (including passengers) before performance is impaired.
- Maximum Gross Weight: 27,800 kg.
Headlights and running lights.
History / Background
A relatively cheap, extremely popular model of light commercial vehicle available in a variety of body styles and colors.
See also: Vehicles of the Distant Fringe
References & Contributors / Sources
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|