Fringian Intercity Coach
The Intercity Coach is a type of Ground Car.
Description / Specifications
The Intercity Coach is a large personnel transport vehicle designed for commercial use.
Hull / Suspension
A generally box-shaped steel and plastic hull.
- Length: 14.4m, Width: 2.6m, Height: 3.7m.
- Overall Volume: approximately 138m³ (10.3 dTons).
- Unloaded Weight: 16,500 kg.
The overall volume measures the vehicles maximum dimensions and includes road clearance. The enclosed volume of the contoured hull is lower.
The vehicle is fitted with a wheeled suspension system mounted on axles.
- The vehicle performs well on metalled surfaces but has a limited off-road capability.
Power / Transmission
An efficient medium internal combustion power plant using hydrocarbon fuel. The fuel is contained within a protected tank.
- Cruise Speed: 80 kph, Top Speed: 110 kph. Off-road Speed: less than 20 kph.
- Range: 650 km at Cruise Speed, 450 km at Top Speed.
Passengers / Cargo
The body of the vehicle consists of an enclosed compartment fitted with clear windows and with a volume of 117.5m³ (8.4 dTons). The driver's position is fitted with basic mechanical controls. A console provides data such as engine temperature and velocity.
There is seating for 36 passengers, along with a narrow central walkway and a small fresher. The seating is relatively cramped. The vehicle has basic environmental protection (the hull is weatherproof but is not sealed) and is fitted with interior lights. The passenger compartment is accessed by a door operated by the driver.
- Cargo Storage: 8m³ (0.5 dTons) consisting of an underfloor luggage storage area and overhead luggage racks.
- Maximum Load: 6,600 kg (including passengers).
Headlights and running lights. Onboard global communications and data access.
History / Background
A commercial passenger vehicle available in a variety of body styles. Vehicles of this type often bear a distinctive livery.
See also: Vehicles of the Distant Fringe
References & Contributors / Sources
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|