Talk:Universal Personality Profile
- EXTERNAL LINK: Out of curiosity has anyone ever rolled a 777777 UPP?
Erm, it's actually the Universal Personality Profile (UPP). To prevent confusion, MT renamed CT's Universal Planet Profile to Universal World Profile. In fact thinking about it a little more, this change may have occurred earlier than MT, possibly even in CT LBB6 Scouts.
- - Gruffty 09:03, 21 June 2007 (UTC)
- I've moved the page and its Talk page to the correct place.
- - Gruffty 09:06, 21 June 2007 (UTC)
- I've checked the change in terminology - LBBs 1 and 6 use UPP, as do Supp 3 and 10 and all of the AMs. My conclusion is that the change from UPP (in relation to worlds) to UWP occured with MT.
The license granted to the Traveller wiki to publish Traveller material specifically excludes game rule information. Or rather only includes the in-game library information. This is beginning to walk pretty close to that line, in that I've never seen a good explanation of who (in game) assess, records, and publishes UPP information about various people.
- - Tjoneslo 12:16, 21 June 2007 (UTC)
- Fair comment. Thinking about it, I suspect the UPP is *technically* a game rule. However, I didn't originat the article, merely improved it. Also, I *think* UPP is mentioned briefly in the Book 1 entry, so maybe it's worth removing this page just to prevent duplication?
- - Gruffty 16:57, 21 June 2007 (UTC)
I've never heard of the UPP being called a UCP. Which ruleset uses UCP? I'm intrigued! Gruffty 23:18, 24 June 2007 (UTC)