Jump to navigation Jump to search
The wiki translation team into Spanish has marked this page for translation. Please do not remove the <translate> tags. Thank you very much. --Sugaar (talk) 11:30, 22 September 2020 (EDT)
- EXTERNAL LINK: Joel Rigby: Yes, these are my noble titles, awards, and TAS membership from over the years.
- EXTERNAL LINK: For the Third Imperium, at least, Traveller speaks of nobles. Who are these nobles? Are they essentially unelected rulers that command entire planets and systems? Pure bloodlines, royalty, and the like? Or is there something more that I am missing? Thanks.
- EXTERNAL LINK: Royalty verse nobility: So, in the noble entry I see Emperor / Empress, archduke, prince etc. listed. But if I understand correctly (and I may not), royalty is apart from nobility, save where archdukes are concerned, because they're essentially imperial level "chamberlains" or candidates of a sort for royalty should something happen to the royal family. Do I have that right? And if so, does the nobility entry need to be reworked a little?
- - Maksim-Smelchak (talk) 11:55, 29 January 2019 (EST)
- EXTERNAL LINK: Nobles in the Imperium. Yes, I know the book is "only" GURPS Traveller, but Mr. Wiseman co-authored, so it's a legit reference even if not canon.
- EXTERNAL LINK: House Dae Faroth
- - Maksim-Smelchak (talk) 09:34, 11 March 2018 (EDT)
- External Link: We know that the Imperium is run as a feudal state by a system of hereditary nobility. We know about the nobles' relationship to one another. My question is, what of their relationship to *the common people*, and vice-versa?
- - Maksim-Smelchak (talk) 23:28, 10 July 2017 (EDT)
Traveller Patents of Nobility:
- External Link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mRGZE7RZZJrchoaudEX9-wXeZTTJves6ohYiigK2STU/edit#gid=0
- The tabs at the bottom include a page that lists all known Knightly Orders, as well as all of the known T5/COTI Noble Patent Card holders (by Domain), who they belong to, and any "Character Name" to which they have been assigned.
- - WHULorigan (talk) 13:16, 18 March 2016 (EDT)
The correct spelling is Viscount, but it is pronounced "VĪ-kount". It derives from Latin "Vice-comes" (= "Vice-count") via French "Viscomte" (pronounced "Vee-KONT").
- --WHULorigan (talk) 12:17, 3 May 2016 (EDT)
- Noble Houses of the Third Imperium article prompt
Are you sure "Vicount" is the correct canonical spelling? The word is generally correctly spelled "Viscount" (or Viscountess), but if it's that way in the source canon then I guess we should leave it be.
- Ataniell93 21:57, 13 April 2008 (UTC)
- The source of this particular bit of Canon is GURPS Traveller: Nobles. Checking the source page (pg 16) it says: You are correct. The spelling should be Viscount. I'll fix the article. Thanks
- - Tjoneslo 00:33, 14 April 2008 (UTC)