- It is a type of sensor.
The Psionicist Detector is a hand held device capable of detecting the unique signatures generated by the use of psionics. They are not directional, providing only a simple alarm that some kinds of powers are being used in close proximity. Its range is limited, typically no more than tens of meters. It is powered by a small, replaceable battery that lasts for about a day of constant use.
Psionicist Detectors are simple devices and can be fooled with ease: the activity of mechanical or electronic equipment can produce false positive results.
- It can be triggered (or jammed) by an active Psion Emitter device.
- An active Jump Drive is a particular source of interference.
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Stuart L. Dollar, Joseph E. Walsh. Psionic Institutes (Imperium Games, 1997), 11.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science