The Map Box is a compact (250 x 250 x 10mm, which expand to 1000 x 1000 x 10mm when opened) display system for computerized maps of a world. Scale may be adjusted. Most inhabited planets have Data Crystalss (diskettes until TL–13, holocrystals at higher levels) available for Cr150.
When not available, two orbital sweeps of the world are required to obtain the necessary photographs to construct a map chip. Blank Data Crystalss are available for Cr30.
- Frank Chadwick. Mercenary (Game Designers Workshop, 1978), TBD.
- Marc Miller. Imperial Encyclopedia (Game Designers Workshop, 1987), 61.
- Joe Fugate, Gary L. Thomas. Referee's Gaming Kit (Digest Group Publications, 1989), TBD.
- Martin Dougherty. Guns, Gadgets and Gear (Avenger Enterprises, 2007), 63.
- Marc Miller. T5 Core Rules (Far Future Enterprises, 2013), 643.