Forum:Addaxur & Clotho
Addaxur vs. Clotho (2017)
There are two contradictory "canon" versions of the Addaxur/Clotho:
- MgT Alien Module 4: Zhodani (The Addaxur, p.63-64)
- GT: Alien Races 1 (The Clotho - p.113 - this name is first introduced here for the Addaxur)
DonM seems to have captured more of the spirit of the original Addaxur from CT Alien Module 4 in the MgT version, but the GT version by David Pulver where they are called the Clotho is likewise a very interesting race description. But both the illustrations and the descriptions of the two are different. What would be the best way to preserve both versions, since both can make a claim to being "canon"?
- Don had some method to his madness. I am still using some of his alien tables to make updates.
- I still don't really get the difference.
- - Maksim-Smelchak (talk) 19:02, 22 May 2017 (EDT)
- DonM's description is on MgT Alien Module 4: Zhodani, p.63. There is an illustration on p.64, which is entirely different from the GT illustration. There is no mention of their silk-spinning or symbols in MgT, nor any hint of their brother-sister pairs as a basis of their psychology & culture. They have "packs" as the basis of their culture in MgT. MgT mentions that Imperial diplomats described them as "six-legged armadillos", a description which is borne out by the accompanying illustration, which looks nothing like the Clotho in GT. The MgT and GT descriptions are completely unalike. But both are interesting.
- I have seen that illustration. Don's Mongoose-vision and the Pulver's GURPS- vision are at loggerheads.
- So we have two Clotho:
- Spider-like Clotho
- Space beetle-like Clotho