Bra'la class Corvette Transport
|Bra'la class Corvette Transport|
Published, canon starship design.
|Type: IC Transport|
|Canon||Yes. Published, canon starship design.|
|EOS||Still in active service.|
|Passengers||TBD High/Med TBD Low|
|Reference||Fan: Bleddyn Wilson|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard.|
Brala, Fleet Corvette Transport, is a 800 ton military design with a construction tech level of 14 and a cost of MCr586.28, including design fees. Construction time is 112 weeks. Subsequent ships of the class will cost MCr464.38 and take 90 weeks to complete.
- The 800 ton hull is of the Cone configuration; it is streamlined and capable of atmospheric work (hull cost, including 10% surcharge for Cone configuration: MCr88.0). The ship carries Armor Factor-1. Fuel scoops are present (MCr).
- A bridge (20.0 tons; MCr4.0) and a computer Model/5 (5.0 tons; MCr45.0; 3 energy points).
- The ship is Jump-3 (80 tons; MCr150), Maneuver-4 (31 tons; MCr64), and Power plant-6 (67 tons; MCr176). The power plant provides 48 energy points. Fuel tankage provides 300 tons of fuel. 240 tons enables a 3-parsec jump range and a further 60 tons giving endurance 4 weeks (24 weeks powered down). There is a fuel purification plant (4.0 tons; MCr0.03).
- The ship is armed with four triple beam laser turrets, three triple missile turrets, and a bridge controlled fixed sand caster countermeasures (eqv triple sand caster turret)
- The ship carries no screens.
- The crew numbers 50 (Command/Flight: 6+5, Engineers: 1+5, Gunners: 1+7, Marines: 1+23, Medic: 0+1) including 24 marines. No passengers. All sophonts are accommodated in 19 staterooms and 31 half- staterooms (cabins) (138.0 tons; MCr17.2).
- Payloads carried includes; One 4dt Engineering and Repair Shop, 8dt Sickbay with Autodoc , two G-carrier, berths, 3dt Maker, (31.0 tons, MCr1.5).
- A cargo hold of 20.0 tons is provided.
- Ship's vehicles include; Two 30 ton Ships Boats, occupying an 80-ton hanger.
- The ship has an agility of 4 and emergency agility of 4.
General Description & Deck Plans
No information yet available.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull||800 tons.|
|2.||Crew||x8 Officers,17 Petty Officers and Ratings, & 1 ZNSLF Officer & 22 ZNSLF Enlisted crew.|
|4.||Electronics||Model/TBD fib computer.|
|6.||Armament||The normal weapons fit-out for it is:
|7.||Defenses||Armor Factor of 1 and sandcater counter measures|
|8.||Craft||2 x 30ton Ship’s Boats|
|9.||Fuel Treatment||scoops & a fuel purification plant (4.0 tons).|
|11.||Construction Time||112 weeks to build, 90 weeksin quantity.|
The Bra’la class corvette transport is the shepherd of the Zhodani frontier it enables the Zhodani to tailor a response to the various military or paramilitary situations along the frontier without drawing much of the political attention as if when a capital vessel is present. Often used to land small parties of troops to secure or reinforce Consulate interests abroad along with the Frontiers as well as in the neutral zones between it and the Third Imperium or other interstellar governments. The Bra’la class is apart of the same little ship design watershed that occurred with the naval review of 1112. It like it sister classes shares many of the same physical characteristics as the Berka or Banya class corvettes, yet it is without the fighter complement and lacks the agility of its sister classes. Often encountered in pairs it carries a detachment of Special Naval Landing Force troops. Doctrinal organization dictates that four Bra’la class corvettes are assigned to each Corvette Flotilla giving the Flotilla commander the disposal of half a ZSNLF rifle company for ground actions.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Vessel Peculiarities: No information yet available.
Class Naming Practice/s: No information yet available.
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type IC class Combat Cargo Carrier
|This article has metadata.|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|