T5 Second Survey
T5 Second Survey is a project that is conducting an ongoing overhaul and clean up of the world and stellar data published primarily in the 1980s and 90s for the Official Traveller Universe (OTU).
- This is a meta-story article about game design. For the in-universe article by the same name, please see the Second Survey article.
The problem has been that in some cases, multiple versions of various data exists, some of which is incompatible with previous publications.
- The goal is to establish one baseline of data managed by FFE and available to referees, players and licensees.
- Eventually, there will be sets of data for sectors across the official Milieux.
History & Background (Dossier)
- The early work was done by Rob with Dan "Far Trader" Burns, gathering details, supplying and filling in gaps, then Don (with the help of Andrew Ford and Roger Howe, aka "the Australian Specialists") picked up and continued working on the sectors within the Imperium, which was then reviewed by Marc and used for the rewards for the T5 Kickstarter.
- Since 2009, most Mongoose Traveller OTU books have been produced using the data from this project.
April 2013 Update
As of April 2013, this project has all of the sectors with at least two Imperial worlds largely second-draft completed (some details, for example, owning worlds for some captive governments remain undetermined, and smoothing out inconsistencies in the stellar data).
- Additionally, Ziafrplians Sector and Gvurrdon Sector have been done as part of the effort to supply baseline data for Mongoose Traveller projects.
- Current effort is focusing on remaining published sectors from legacy Traveller products set in the OTU, as well as requests from licensees for future efforts.
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing source reference/s. At least one reference, citation, or author if non-canon should be listed for most articles.|