Emperors of the Third Imperium
- The Emperor is the Supreme Ruler of the Third Imperium.
- The following are the Emperors of the Third Imperium. See individual entries for each Emperor.
- Please note that the appellation Emperor is a unisex (genderless) title within the Third Imperium. Although some female Emperors have still adopted the old Terran term Empress or its Vilani (language) equivalent.
- Terran Anglic origin: From Old French empereor (Modern French empereur), from Latin imperator (“emperor; commander”), from imperare (“to command”).
- The Vilani term for Emperor is Karun.
- The Vilani term for an inheriting Prince or heir is Karand.
The rulership of the Third Imperium has been troubled a number of times over its more than a millennium of existence. The office of the Emperor is not infallible and both good and bad rulers have assumed power. Thankfully, many of the Emperors and Empresses have been enormously talented and capable rulers. While the office is not officially hereditary, in practice, it has often functioned best under dynastic succession.
Above the range of noble ranks is the Emperor and the Imperial Family. The noble family may include princes, princesses, dowagers, and other noble titles. The spouse of an Emperor or Empress is technically the "Empress Consort" or "Emperor Consort" or "Prince Consort", but in common everyday usage the females are simply refereed to as "Empress" but the males have an issue should their title be shortened as to claim to be "Emperor" is treason!
- The Emperor is the ultimate object of thousands of oaths of loyalty and fealty.
- The full proper form of address for the Emperor is: "His Imperial Majesty <NAME>, Prime Lord of the Armed Forces, Archduke of Sylea, President of the Moot, Appellate Extraordinary, Defender of the Marches, Emperor of the Core, the Gateway, the Marches, Vland, Ilelish, Antares, and the Rim."  Note that the Emperor also holds the title of Marquis of Usdiki.
Emperors of the Third Imperium
The following individuals have ruled the Third Imperium:
|Emperors of the Third Imperium|
|Cleon I • Cleon II • Artemsus • Martin I • Martin II • Cleon III • Porfiria • Anguistus • Martin III • Martin V • Nicholle • Cleon IV • Jerome • Jaqueline I • Olav • Ramon I • Constantus • Nicolai • George • Barracks Emperors • Cleon V • Joseph • Donald • Emdiri • Catharine • Ramon II • Jaqueline II • Usuti • Marava • Ivan • Martin VI • Gustus • Arbellatra • Zhakirov • Margaret I • Paulo I • Tomutov I • Paula II • Tomutova II • Margaret II • Styryx • Gavin • Paulo III • Strephon|
Imperial historians most commonly group the rulers of the Third Imperium into five categories:
|1.||Zhunastu Dynasty||Dynastic||(0 to 54)||House Zhunastu founded the Third Imperium and was a particular powerhouse until it met its end.
|2.||Lentuli Dynasty||Dynastic||(54 to 244)||House Lentuli were known as empire-builders, rulers with foresight and exquisite planning.
|3.||Non-dynastic Emperors||Non-dynastic||(475 to 606)||The Non-dynastic Emperors helped to build the Third Imperium by expanding its borders.|
|4.||Emperors of the Flag||Pseudo-dynastic||(606 to 622)||The Emperors of the Flag were all strongmen, but they uniformly lacked any lasting power.|
|5.||Alkhalikoi Dynasty||Dynastic||(629 to Present)||Empress Arbellatra founded a strong dynasty and House Alkhalikoi still holds the reigns of power in 1116.
Expanded Imperial Ruler Matrix
Imperial historians sometimes differ in how they count the rulers of the Third Imperium, but the following data holds general consensus:
|Expanded Imperial Ruler Matrix|
|1.||Cleon I||0-53||Zhunastu||Emperor Cleon I founded the Third Imperium under fire and sword.
|2.||Cleon II||53-54||Zhunastu||Emperor Cleon II was not well regarded in his time.
|3.||Artemsus||54-166||Lentuli||Emperor Artemsus was a brilliant chancellor and then an equally accomplished Emperor.
|4.||Martin I||166-195||Lentuli||Emperor Martin I bit off more than he could chew.|
|5.||Martin II||195-244||Lentuli||Emperor Martin I built the Grand Palace of Martin II, a marvel of its times.
|6.||Cleon III||244-245||Zhunastu||Emperor Cleon III was the last hope of House Zhunastu to reclaim rulership of the Imperium.
|7.||Porfiria||245-326||Lentuli||Empress Porfiria reestablished Lentuli Dynasty and held a long, relatively stable reign.|
|8.||Anguistus||326-365||Lentuli||Emperor Anguistus was particularly known for wise rule and empire-building.
|9.||Martin III||365-456||Lentuli||Emperor Martin III helped cement the name of House Lentuli as empire-builders.|
|10.||Martin V||456-457||Lentuli||Emperor Martin V ruled for but two years.
|11.||Nicholle||457-475||Lentuli||Empress Nicholle ruled during hard times.
|12.||Cleon IV||475-555||non-Dynastic||Emperor Cleon IV broke the Lentuli dynasty and started a series of Non-dynastic Emperors.|
|13.||Jerome||555-582||non-Dynastic||Emperor Jerome lived and died by Right of Assassination.
|14.||Jaqueline I||582-606||non-Dynastic||Empress Jaqueline I achieved extensive expansion of the Rimward Fringe of the Imperium.|
|15.||Olav||606-609||Emperors of the Flag||Grand Admiral Olav hault-Plankwell, the Emperor Olav, was a mighty man of arms and vision.|
|16.||Ramon I||609||Emperors of the Flag||Emperor-hopeful Ramon I treacherously usurped his leader, Emperor Olav, and slew him only to rule for but a fleeting time.|
|17.||Constantus||609-610||Emperors of the Flag||Emperor Constantus, self-proclaimed emperor by supposed Right of Assassination of Ramon I, ascends to the Iridium Throne without support of Moot.|
|18.||Nicolai||610-612||Emperors of the Flag||Emperor Nicolai, self-proclaimed emperor by supposed Right of Assassination of Constantus, ascends to the Iridium Throne without support of Moot.|
|19a.||George||612-613||Emperors of the Flag||Emperor George, self-proclaimed emperor by supposed Right of Assassination of Nicolai, ascends to the Iridium Throne without support of Moot.|
|19b.||Barracks Emperors||613-615||Emperors of the Flag||The Barracks Emperors, self-proclaimed emperors by supposed Right of Assassination, ascend to the Iridium Throne several times without support of Moot.
|20.||Cleon V||615-618||Emperors of the Flag||Emperor Cleon V, re-established the Right of Assassination by murdering the last of the Barracks Emperors, ascends to the Iridium Throne without support of Moot.
|21.||Joseph||618||Emperors of the Flag||Emperor Joseph, self-proclaimed emperor by supposed Right of Assassination of Cleon V, ascends to the Iridium Throne without support of Moot.|
|22.||Donald||618||Emperors of the Flag||Emperor Donald, self-proclaimed emperor by supposed Right of Assassination of Joseph, ascends to the Iridium Throne without support of Moot.|
|23.||Emdiri||618-619||Emperors of the Flag||Emperor Emdiri, self-proclaimed emperor by supposed Right of Assassination of Donald, ascends to the Iridium Throne without support of Moot.|
|24.||Catharine||619||Emperors of the Flag||Emperor Catharine, self-proclaimed emperor by supposed Right of Assassination of Emdiri, ascends to the Iridium Throne without support of Moot.|
|25.||Ramon II||619||Emperors of the Flag||Emperor Ramon II, self-proclaimed emperor by supposed Right of Assassination of Catharine, ascends to the Iridium Throne without support of Moot.|
|26.||Jaqueline II||619||Emperors of the Flag||Emperor Jaqueline II, self-proclaimed emperor by supposed Right of Assassination of Ramon II, ascends to the Iridium Throne without support of Moot.|
|27.||Usuti||619-620||Emperors of the Flag||Emperor Usuti, self-proclaimed emperor by supposed Right of Assassination of Jaqueline II, ascends to the Iridium Throne without support of Moot.|
|28.||Marava||620||Emperors of the Flag||Emperor Marava, self-proclaimed emperor by supposed Right of Assassination of Usuti, ascends to the Iridium Throne without support of Moot.|
|29.||Ivan||620-621||Emperors of the Flag||Emperor Ivan, self-proclaimed emperor by supposed Right of Assassination of Marava, ascends to the Iridium Throne without support of Moot.|
|30.||Martin VI||621||Emperors of the Flag||Emperor Martin VI, self-proclaimed emperor by supposed Right of Assassination of Ivan, ascends to the Iridium Throne without support of Moot.|
|31.||Gustus||621-622||Emperors of the Flag||Emperor Gustus, self-proclaimed emperor by supposed Right of Assassination of Martin VI, ascends to the Iridium Throne without support of Moot.|
|Alkhalikoi||Empress Arbellatra is probably the most beloved ruler of all Imperial history.|
|33.||Zhakirov||666-688||Alkhalikoi||Emperor Zhakirov's marriage to Antiama in 679 marked and cemented an alliance between the Alkhalikoi Dynasty and the business interests of the Imperial Core.|
|34.||Margaret I||688-736||Alkhalikoi||Empress Margaret I built the Consortium Trinary, three companion spheres near the Imperial Palace, in 729 to celebrate the hundredth birthday of the structure.|
|35.||Paulo I||736-767||Alkhalikoii||Emperor Paulo I reigned over a period of peace and prosperity, particularly with the Zhodani Consulate.|
|36.||Tomutov I||767-768||Alkhalikoi||Emperor Tomutov I ruled for less than two years amongst strife and scandal.|
|37.||Paula II||768-836||Alkhalikoi||Empress Paula II inherited a time of troubles and calmed the waters.|
|38.||Tomutova II||836-908||Alkhalikoi||Empress Tomutova II ruled over a time of revolt, but also growth.|
|39.||Margaret II||908-945||Alkhalikoi||Empress Margaret II reigned over a period of rising tensions with the Solomani.|
|40.||Styryx||945-989||Alkhalikoi||Emperor Styryx entangled himself with Solomani interests and his reign was known as a period of rising unrest.|
|41.||Gavin||989-1031||Alkhalikoi||Emperor Gavin was a hard man who dealt with hard times.
|42.||Paulo III||1031-1071||Alkhalikoi||Emperor Paulo III wanted to leave his heirs with a stable peaceful Empire and pursued that goal with determination.|
|43.||Strephon||1071-Present||Alkhalikoi||Emperor Strephon is the sitting ruler of the Third Imperium as of Holiday, 1116.
The Emperors and Empresses of the Third Imperium have been a varied lot: industrialists, admirals, generals, rich men, poor men, and everything in between. To be brutally honest, the Third Imperium has had its share of geniuses and madmen alike. In function, the dynasties have performed better than their individual counterparts. The Noble Houses provide a culture of competition and a dedication to service that non-dynastic Emperors have had a hard time matching.
- House Alkhalikoi has now led for several hundred years with an increasing momentum of success. Only a great tragedy could end the Alkhalikoi chain of achievement.
Imperial Dynastic Family Trees
This sub-article details the family trees, lineage, and pedigree of the Imperial Dynasties and their pseudo-dynastic equivalent organizational categories.
Zhunastu Dynasty Family Tree
- Family Tree article being retrieved.
Lentuli Dynasty Family Tree
- Family Tree article being retrieved.
Non-Dynastic Imperial Family Trees
- Many of the Non-dynastic Emperors were both Imperial Nobles and possessed significant kinship relations to previous supreme leaders.
- Their family trees are shared individually within the AAB articles dedicated to their dossier.
Emperors of the Flag Lineage
- Few of the Emperors of the Flag came from any sort of lineage or pedigree. Many were not even members of the Imperial Nobility.
- The few points of commonality that they all shared were opportunity, ambition, ruthlessness, and the Right of Assassination and/or the Right of Fleet Control.
- No family tree is provided for the Emperors of the Flag since their kinship was not interconnected to a significant degree.
Alkhalikoi Dynasty Family Tree
House Alkhalikoi was founded by a very capable matriarch and has withstood the test of time.
- 1a. Emperor / Empress / Karun
- 1b. Prince / Princess / Karand
- 2a. Archduke / Archduchess / Apkallu Kibrat Arban
- 2b. Grand Duke / Grand Duchess
- 3a. Subsector Duke / Subsector Duchess / Saarpuhii
- 3b. Duke / Duchess / Saarpuhii
- 4. Count / Countess (Contessa) / Sarriiu or Shakkanakhu
- 5. Viscount / Viscountess / Sarriiu or Shakkanakhu
- 6. Marquis / Marchioness (Marquesa) / Sarriiu or Shakkanakhu
- 7. Baron / Baroness / Iishakku
- 8. Baronet / Baronetess / Iishakku
- 9. Knight / Dame / Kiduunuuzii
- 10. Gentleman / Gentlewoman / Gentlesophont
|This article has metadata.|