Beta Trianguli (star)
|Companion||Beta Trianguli B|
The star Beta Trianguli is a blue-white star of spectral type A5 whose luminosity class is borderline between the subgiant and giant classification.
Beta Trianguli has a companion star in an eccentric orbit (e = 0.43) lying at approximately 5 AU distant from the primary. Its orbital period is 31.39 days.
- The system emits an excess of infrared radiation which can be explained by a circum-binary ring of dust about the pair. The dust emits infrared radiation at a blackbody temperature of about 100 K, and extends from 50 to 400 AU away from the two stars.
- The Beta Trianguli star system lies approximately 38.9pc from Terra, and is located in a Rimspinward/Spinward direction from Terra at bearing 140.5o Galactic Longitude and -25.2o South Galactic Latitude.
History & Background (Dossier)
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article has Metadata|
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Beta_Trianguli. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. The text of Wikipedia is available under the Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.|
- EXTERNAL LINK: SIMBAD @ University of Strasbourg: 
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: WHULorigan
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science