A ToolSet is a Traveller game mechanic, an organized system for generating game components other than player characters.
- The player character generator is known as CharGen.
- ToolSets exist as hardcopy in-rulebook creation sequences and as automated, online utility programs.
Library Data Referral Tree
The T5 Core Rules contains ToolSets for the following functions:
- CreatureMaker (In version 5.09, "BeastMaker")
- Traveller Sophont Creation System (SophontMaker)
- WorldMaker AKA T5 WorldMaker
- EXTERNAL LINK: Armor & Gun Maker at Traveller5.net
- EXTERNAL LINK: Omni Vehicle Maker at Traveller5.net (Ground Vehicles, Flyers, Watercraft, and Military Vehicles)
- EXTERNAL LINK: Plant Generator at Traveller5.net
- EXTERNAL LINK: Robot Maker at Traveller5.net
- EXTERNAL LINK: Traveller5 World Builder
- EXTERNAL LINK: Traveller Worlds: Maps & Systems
- EXTERNAL LINK: Vehicle Maker at Traveller5.net
- EXTERNAL LINK: Word Generator at Traveller5.net
- EXTERNAL LINK: World Builder at Traveller5.net
History & Background (Dossier)
CharGen and various simulators for making various things across a broad spectrum from NPCs to objects to armor to weaponry to vehicles to starships and more have been a consistent feature of the game since 1977.
Many ToolSets have been converted into online calculators and similar programs.
The Perils of CharGen
Traveller is very well known for the possibility of a character being killed before it leaves CharGen. Some might say infamous...
References & Contributors (Sources)
- Marc Miller. T5 Core Rules (Far Future Enterprises, 2013), 537-630.
- Robert Eaglestone. Xboat 1 (Robert Eaglestone, 2019), TBD. (Xboat 01)
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science