Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Taratun/Khouth (Corridor 0603)|
|Classic Era (1115)|
|New Era (1200)|
- In a technological universe, societies without industrial capability generally suffer as nearly all manufactured and high tech goods must be brought in at significant cost.
- As a nonindustrial world, it requires extensive imports of outside technology to maintain a modern, star-faring society. The need to import most manufactured and high technology goods drives the price of these goods up in the open market.
- It is a member of the Third Imperium in the Khouth Subsector of Corridor Sector in the Domain of Vland.
- This world contains an Imperial Scout Base, capable of handling IISS starships and personnel.
- During the Long Night this world was named Amir Za.
Another low tech harvesting colony on a world orbiting a Mira variable star.
- In this case the primary star Kulan spouts huge flares of carbon and hydrogen, coating nearby worlds in sticky tar like substances.
History & Background (Dossier)
The colony consisted of skimmers who would heat this material, pump it aboard tankers for export to industrial worlds.
- This material is very low grade, and is mainly used as asphalt or deriving aromatic hydrocarbons.
- The fate of the colony here is a mystery, as no record of its existence can be determined after 1127.