style="width: 220px; height: 250px;"
Jump map from Travellermap.com 
|Primary||K6 V M0 V|
|Army Size (BEs)||2|
|World Trade Number||3.5|
|Trade Volume (MCr/year)||285|
|Building Capacity (Tons)||3,599|
|Port passengers (annual)||0|
Sonthert has a population between 10,000 and 10 million sophonts, lacking the industrial base to be completely self-supporting. This world is designated an Amber Zone with an environment, laws, customs, life forms, or other conditions make it dangerous to visitors. It is a member of Third Imperium in the Lanth Subsector of Spinward Marches Sector and in the Domain of Deneb. Sonthert, as a member world of the Third Imperium, holds the estate of an Imperial knight, a member of the Imperial Nobility charged with overseeing the world.
Astrography & Planetology
Sonthert is located in the Abyss Rift.
Sonthert has a normal climate and a very thin oxygen-nitrogen atmosphere, tainted by high oxygen partial pressure. The atmosphere is breathable to off-world humans, but very uncomfortable. The locals are adapted with several physiological changes.
Binary Solar System
Sonthert Binary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Sonthert
Primary Main Sequence 0.5538 3200 - 4000 0.072 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.00523 0.02226 0.21 - 0.35 0.523 5.23 Orbit # * * 0 1 6 Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Sonthert
Secondary Main Sequence 0.489 2800 - 3600 0.04 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.00511 0.01659 0.16 - 0.26 0.511 5.11 Orbit # * * 0 1 6
IISS GURPS Astrographics Survey
1918 Sonthert (Imperial) - Red Zone
Starport: Class 0.
Diameter: 5,989 miles (9,600 km).
Atmosphere: Thin oxygen-nitrogen, tainted by high oxygen.
Control Level: 6.
Tech Level: 5.
World Trade Number: 3.5.
History & Background (Dossier)
In addition to the City of Sonthert, the other major settlement on Sonthert is Ar.
Sonthert is interdicted both to protect its human population from interference, and to protect the rest of the Imperium from the megalomaniac "Emperor of All Things" and his armored knights, who have declared their intent to conquer the universe, starting with anyone foolish enough to land on Sonthert.
References & Contributors (Sources)
- Marc Miller. The Spinward Marches (Game Designers Workshop, 1979), 22-23.
- Marc Miller. The Spinward Marches Campaign (Game Designers Workshop, 1985), 18-19.
- Marc Miller. Imperial Encyclopedia (Game Designers Workshop, 1987), 94-100. (UWP only)
- Rob Caswell. "Domain of Deneb: Sector Data." MegaTraveller Journal 3 (1992): 47-58. (UWP only)
- Dave Nilsen. The Regency Sourcebook (Game Designers Workshop, 1995), 42. (UWP only)
- Martin Dougherty, Neil Frier. Behind the Claw (Steve Jackson Games, 1998), 86.
- Mike West. The Spinward States (Avenger Enterprises, 2008), 104. (UWP only)
- Martin Dougherty. The Spinward Marches (Mongoose Publishing, 2008), .
- Martin Dougherty. Behind the Claw (Mongoose Publishing, 2019), 67-72. (UWP only)
- ↑ "Jump Map API" and map location from Travellermap.com