The printable version is no longer supported and may have rendering errors. Please update your browser bookmarks and please use the default browser print function instead.
Skills are part of the game mechanic
The particular set of skills applicable to character generation in Traveller have changed over time - each Traveller Version (or sometimes module) has altered the list to a smaller or larger degree.
T5 Core Rules have divided Skills into two parts: Skills (the doing) and Knowledges (knowing what to do).
Skills (and later Knowledges) form a key concept within Traveller and other role-playing games. Each Skill gives a means of codifying some aspect of the Player Character's abilities e.g. someone hoping to fix a jump-drive might need the "Engineering" skill to make the task practical.
Each Player Character will gain Skills as they progress through the character generation process, and from their experiences during play.
For details of individual Skills please refer to the appropriate rules set.
References & Contributors (Sources)
- Marc Miller. Characters and Combat (Game Designers Workshop, 1977), .
- Frank Chadwick, Dave Nilsen. Traveller: The New Era (Game Designers Workshop, 1993), .
- Gareth Hanrahan. Core Rulebook (Mongoose Publishing, 2008), .
- Matthew Sprange. Core Rule Book (Mongoose Publishing, 2016), .
- Marc Miller. T5 Core Rules (Far Future Enterprises, 2013), .
- Author & Contributor: BackworldTraveller