Ship Type Code/meta
Discussions relating to these developments:
- Forum:Agent of the Imperium ship types
- Talk:Foghoks class Heavy Cruiser
- Talk:Ship Type Code
- Template talk:Ship summary list
I worked with Marc Miller and many others to develop this ship organization system. I will credit others as they consent to be mentioned by name.
Traveller has three main sets of ship classifications prefixes:
- Early Imperial Type Codes = Classic Traveller, Book 2 and High Guard (book) (1977 to 1986 CE)
- Mid-Imperium Ship Type Codes = MegaTraveller, Imperial Encyclopedia, Rebellion and almost everything else up to Mongoose Traveller. (1987 to 2012 CE)
- Late Imperial Type Codes = T5 via the T5 Core Rules and Agent of the Imperium (2013 to Present CE)
This system was intentionally built out to include all three primary sets and still be as compatible as possible with many fan-developed systems. The three sets were linked to Traveller historical periods and events as a sort of retcon and story inclusive mechanism.
Literally over a hundred fans and authors were consulted before publishing this article. It continues to be developed with selected members of the Traveller Inner Circle who have a strong interest in the subject.