This is a world-system under construction and is currently being input-programmed into the Traveller RPG Wiki.
|Shetland/Nightrim (Reaver's Deep 2514)|
|Classic Era (1115)|
|Primary||F0 V M8 V|
Shetland is a preindustrial, agricultural world.
- As an agricultural world, this world is a near-ideal environment for producing quality foodstuffs of plant, animal, and other forms. Quality foodstuffs are a major export commodity for this world.
- As a preindustrial world, this planet cannot yet manufacture enough high-technology resources to support a modern, star-faring society. Having to import many manufactured and high tech goods drives the price up for these items at this world.
- It is a member of the Third Imperium in the Nightrim Subsector of Reaver's Deep Sector in the Domain of Ilelish.
- This world has a nearby Imperial Naval Base, capable of handling warships.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
Binary Solar System
Shetland Binary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Shetland
Primary Main Sequence 1.7 6900 - 7400 8.1 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.01582 0.23606 2.26 - 3.69 1.582 15.82 Orbit # * 0 5 4 8 Remarks None Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Shetland
Secondary Main Sequence 0.244 1900 - 2500 0.003 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.00224 0.00415 0.04 - 0.06 0.224 2.24 Orbit # * * * 0 5 Remarks None
History & Background (Dossier)
Shetland is known for only two things, its Imperial Naval Base with marine training fields, and the kelp farms of its central ocean.
- The majority of the population is employed either by the Imperial Navy or in support of the base.
- The civil service bureaucracy also helps support Imperial interests in the neighbouring Kolan Hegemony, in conjunction with Gerim in the neighbouring Caledon Subsector.
- The Naval base itself is tasked with protecting the Imperial border facing towards the Great Rift.
- The population of Shetland, as well as nearby Scapa, Kaagin, Sheffield and Gerim all trace back to one of the more successful Reaver Warlords.
Imperial High (Landed) Nobility
- It holds the estate of an Imperial knight.
- It holds the estate of an Imperial baron.
- It holds the fiefdom of an Imperial marquis.
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|