|Serue/Irrardhang (Knoellighz 1221)|
|Classic Era (1115)|
|Hard Times (1130)|
|New Era (1200)|
|Primary||M3 V M3 V|
Serue / Irrardhang (Knoellighz 1221) is acknowledged the Sector-wide capital of High Technology. It is secretly rivaled only by Dzagok / Raelas (Knoellighz 2436) the Secret of UOSA, (see UOSA Secret in Ascendancy Pact entry). With a Tech Level of F (15), many Vargr and Zhodani come to Serue to purchase new innovations, production licenses of Serue blueprints and their undisputed neutrality between four empires. Serue is one Knoellighz, Vargr world that has overcome its distaste for Humaniti from Spinward, the Zhodani Consulate. Twin stars rip at each other as they illuminate and heat this solar system. Serue, being on the extreme distant Green Band is still blasted to De (Desert) rating environment. It is this environment that keeps Serue from producing a market of its own and thus must remain content as a Ni (Non-Industrial) and Po (Poor) world. Lacking resource draws to this world, Serue has to compensate by focusing on its laboratories, surface testing grounds and deep-crust think tanks. Its major exports are limited licenses to manufacture from blueprints that local theoretical and applied scientists have patented.
- Population control laws, safety laws and a spotty 'ban' on psionics use (as opposed to being trained) as well as a political "neutral zone" between empires has contributed to its Population rating of 5 and a Law rating of 9.
- Imports include water, food and materials for research have lowered taxes and tariffs in this world thanks in part to its Government rating of 8, (Civil Service Bureaucracy).
Serue is governed by a Civil Service Bureaucracy consisted and headed by the brightest minds of each field of science and disciplines who report their departmental breakthroughs, applications, theories and needs to the bureaucracy. Serue is such the desirable nexus that the world has both an orbital Highport and a Downport nestled in a north-south mountains range called Serue Faeng <Serue's Teeth>, (so named due to the Meson Generators implanted in their peaks).
The following worlds have trade routes to and from Serue:
- Zditviapl (0921) - the Zhodani Consulate point of contact in Knoellighz Sector
- Dhonaegvaro (1019) - a Desert world much in need of all Serue can offer in improving their world's environment, Government and Law
- Souo (1020) - contracts for protection as well as technology upgrades similar to Dhonaegvaro
- Vanthoskaedhokhsig (1119)- another neighboring world barely populated and in need of development of infrastructure
- Dhothou (1319) - still another neighbor of low population in need of development help from Serue by trading off with patrols of their meager Navy.
Aside from non-aligned worlds in need of anything Serue can offer, the scientists have non-aggression treaties with:
- Ascendancy Pact - this polity secretly desire to annex Serue, yet is content to keep their claws off...for now.
- Democracy of Greats - the Greats see this jewel of scientific logic having staved off the Zhodani mindset and lure of mental corruption as a Charismatic breakpoint of sanity against the "Crystal Wall" of the Consulate's Trailing frontier edge
- Infinity League - though blockaded by the Ascendancy Pact in open space, this nation's agreements with the Zhodani allow them passage through the same "Crystal Wall" to attend summits and purchase production licenses of innovative plans and blueprints, much to the chagrin of the Pact's emissaries.
- Zhodani Consulate - with a few D (13) and one E (14) Tech Level worlds on the Trailing frontier of Knoellighz Sector, the Consulate needs a local anchor of even higher technology to keep Vargr Corsairs, Hunters' Bawn privateers and irritated Vargr nations at bay and so must deal with Serue as a bastion of neutrality.
Polity Summit Grounds
"You cannot play with your toys if you destroy those who can repair them." Serue is the highest (known) world to produce TL 15 item blueprints and designs. While this world has little in the way of local military aside from a polite law enforcement body, Serue relies on neighboring and allied worlds for Naval defense:
- Dhothou (1319) has been known to send its system Navy upon emergent calls from Serue
- Ghokoeue (1621) does not defend Serue so much as it pledges to hunt Corsair piracy out of the vicinity of Kaeuelldhuegh (1522).
- Gorraeggaekhoull (1023) lends Naval support during multinational summits.
- Souo (1020) contracts its meager Navy to keep Serue safe as they are capable.
The preceding worlds in trade earn the thanks of Serue and enjoy many of the newest innovations concocted by the local scientists and designers. Finally, the embedded Meson Generators lodged in the highest mountains above the surface of smallish Serue discourage ill behavior in orbit. With this level of protection at varying times of intermittent summits, Corsairs find it difficult to lay siege and sack the the technology of Serue.
Serue was discovered by Vargr deep-space explorers and flagged as initially as a testing ground for various applied sciences. When it was left relatively in seclusion, the science colonists continued to delve more testing labs and converting used grounds to administrative and downport facilities.
During Hard Times, Serue received plenty of early warning of the Rebellion far to Rimward and was able to predict the economic waves of the Imperium Civil War. This prepared models of supply and demand for the local Industrial worlds such as ROETHOEEGAEAEGZ (Knoellighz 1726), a moral, law-abiding world also in need for survival and DUELUNOGOERRZUEZ (Knoellighz 1138) of the capitalistic Infinity League. UOSA (Knoellighz 2237) felt no need to contact Serue for reasons only the UOSA Syndicate Privateers knew.
Knoellighz Sector became one with the Wilds after the Collapse and again had plenty of think-tankers model an artificial intelligence apocalypse. With their Meson Generators, the planet managed to destroy Vampire Fleet vessels upon attaining equal orbit to attack the local Highport though many casualties and collateral damage was suffered in the exchanges over five years of sieges and Virus blockades. Serue was the only world to 'capture' a sample of a Virus XS Mother Strain that later designated it/herself as MTHR-WLF. Through negotiations the Mother Strain was allowed, under extreme precautions to continue existence as 'she' had evolved herself to Vargr needs for Charisma and became satisfied with a "second in command" authority at the Highport and nowhere else. Past 1200 Serue citizens, led by their collective (sub-processors in MTHR-WLF's mind) and 'protected' by the Strain XS.