style="width: 220px; height: 250px;"
Jump map from Travellermap.com 
|Primary||M2 III M0 V|
|Army Size (BEs)||1|
|World Trade Number||3|
|Trade Volume (MCr/year)||0|
|Building Capacity (Tons)||0|
|Port passengers (annual)||0|
Mithras is a fluid world with an oceanic geography of a liquid other than water such as ammonia, methane, hydrocarbons, or other exotic liquids. The system has a population between 10,000 and 10 million, lacking the industrial base to be completely self-supporting. There is a habitat or settlement for criminals or exiles from other worlds here. It is a member of Third Imperium in the Glisten Subsector of Spinward Marches Sector and in the Domain of Deneb. Mithras, as a member world of the Third Imperium, holds the estate of an Imperial knight, a member of the Imperial Nobility charged with overseeing the world.
Astrography & Planetology
No information yet available.
Binary Solar System
Mithras Binary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Mithras primary
Primary Giant 6.74 2400 - 3300 1194 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 1.20034 2.86607 27.47 - 44.78 120.034 1200.34 Orbit # 3 5 9 11 14 Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Mithras companion
Secondary Main Sequence 0.489 2800 - 3600 0.04 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.00511 0.01659 0.16 - 0.26 0.511 5.11 Orbit # * * 0 1 6
IISS GURPS Astrographics Survey
1932 Mithras (Imperial)
Starport: Class III.
Diameter: 8,328 miles (13,300 km).
Atmosphere: Corrosive atmosphere (high oxygen partial pressures).
Government: Representative democracy.
Control Level: 4.
Tech Level: 6.
World Trade Number: 3.0.
History & Background (Dossier)
Mithras is an Imperial exile prison; individuals convicted of certain categories of crimes are deported to this world where they can begin life anew. Environmental conditions are harsh, a survival outside the prison complex is difficult. The complex has a good rehabilitation record and a small, attached institution for the criminally insane. The world is overseen from the orbital port by a small naval squadron; unauthorized vessels are not allowed to approach the downport. 
References & Contributors (Sources)
- Marc Miller. The Spinward Marches (Game Designers Workshop, 1979), 26-27.
- Marc Miller. The Spinward Marches Campaign (Game Designers Workshop, 1985), 18-19.
- Marc Miller. Imperial Encyclopedia (Game Designers Workshop, 1987), 94-100. (UWP only)
- Rob Caswell. "Domain of Deneb: Sector Data." MegaTraveller Journal 3 (1992): 47-58. (UWP only)
- Dave Nilsen. The Regency Sourcebook (Game Designers Workshop, 1995), 50-51.
- Martin Dougherty, Neil Frier. Behind the Claw (Steve Jackson Games, 1998), 96.
- Hans Rancke-Madsen, "The Outrim Frontier." JTAS Online (June 19, 2007)
- Mike West. The Spinward States (Avenger Enterprises, 2008), 114,115.
- Martin Dougherty. The Spinward Marches (Mongoose Publishing, 2008), .
- Martin Dougherty. Behind the Claw (Mongoose Publishing, 2019), 128-132. (UWP only)
- Rob Dean - The Zhodani Base
- ↑ "Jump Map API" and map location from Travellermap.com
- ↑ Martin Dougherty, Neil Frier. Behind the Claw (Steve Jackson Games, 1998), 96.