Kirov class Cruiser
|Kirov class Cruiser|
Unpublished, non-canon fan design.
|Type: CH Heavy Cruiser|
|Architect||Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Canon||No. Unpublished, non-canon fan design.|
|Cost|| MCr78,685.901 /|
|Crew||649 with 72 marines|
|EOS||Still in active service.|
|Manufacturer||Miltech Collective Hull Foundries, Star City|
|Origin||Kostov Confederate Republic|
|Passengers||0 High/Med 0 Low|
|Reference||Fan: Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard Shipyard v1.13 written by Andrea Vallance.|
The Kirov class Cruiser is a warship.
Kirov class Heavy Cruisers are hard-working vessels serving with the navy of the Kostov Confederate Republic, a member state of the Solomani Confederation. They are powerful vessels, featuring a spinal-mounted meson gun as heavy as those carried by much larger battleships. This version represents the recent mark II refits, paid for with a new local naval support tax.
No information yet available.
General Description & Deck Plans
No information yet available.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage||The Kirov class is constructed using a 72,000 Ton hull built in a Close Structure configuration. The hull is partially streamlined, giving a relatively limited atmospheric performance that is reliant on its onboard gravitic systems.|
|2.||Crew|| x649 personnel.
|3.||Performance|| The vessel mounts a Jump-3 drive, a Maneuver-3 drive, and a Power Plant-6, giving performance of Jump-3 and 3-G acceleration. The ship has an agility rating of 2 and an emergency agility of 3. The internal fuel tankage is sufficient for one Jump-3 and giving the power plant 4 weeks duration.
|4.||Electronics||Adjacent to the bridge is a Model/6fib computer: the vessel has a backup Model/6fib computer.|
|5.||Hardpoints|| 720 hardpoints.
|6.||Armament||The normal weapons fit-out for a Kirov class is:|
|7.||Defenses||The hull is plated, structurally reinforced, and built with secure bulkheads and compartments that give it a High Guard armor rating of 6.|
|8.||Craft|| The vessel carries no subcraft.
There are 20 Drop Capsule tubes and their associated loading equipment.
|9.||Fuel Treatment|| The vessel has internal fuel tankage of 25,920 Tons.
|10.||Cost|| The basic cost of the vessel is MCr78,685.901
|11.||Construction Time|| 200 weeks (46 months) as standard.
|12.||Comments||Standard cargo capacity amounts to 100 Tons. The cargo hold can be sealed and has independent life support and environmental systems.|
Kirov class Heavy Cruisers serve with the Kostov Confederate Navy of the Kostov Confederate Republic, a member state of the Solomani Confederation. Thirty examples of the Kirov class are currently in service: they are essential for local patrol and protection duties and are also occasionally called upon for Confederation service. The new configuration has more cargo space and carries two more crew. The repulsor bays are upgraded to 100 tons, and the plasma turrets have been replaced with fusion gun bays. There are plans to equip several in the class with dedicated marine support grav vehicles to ease their assault deployments and recovery.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
No information yet available.
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type CH class Heavy Cruiser
- Arakoine class Strike Cruiser
- Atlantic class Heavy Cruiser
- Aubaka class Battle Cruiser
- Bastion class Battle Cruiser
- Blake class Heavy Cruiser
- Canton class Control Cruiser
- Chazhdr class Light Cruiser
- Conquest class Heavy Cruiser
- Cynical Son class Battlecruiser
- Dacrows Mire class Battlecruiser
- Dadiat class Heavy Cruiser
- Dauntless class Heavy Cruiser
- Effendi class Heavy Cruiser
- Elaezoe class Cruiser
- Elfen Lied class Heavy Cruiser
- Eurisko class Heavy Cruiser
- Fulcrum class Battlecruiser
- Gateway class Heavy Cruiser
- Gauntlet class Battlecruiser
- Glenaurian class Heavy Cruiser
- Gridlow class Heavy Cruiser
- Halsey Keats class Heavy Cruiser
- Honre class Asteroid Battle Cruiser
- Hu Gi Singh class Battlecruiser
- Iridium Vow class Battlecruiser
- Joker class Battle Cruiser
- Kagori class Battlecruiser
- Kalradin class Battlecruiser
- Kas'Drak class Strike Cruiser
- Kirov class Cruiser
- Mercury class Heavy Cruiser
- Minsk class Heavy Cruiser
- Mongol Risen class Cruiser
- Narmo class Heavy Cruiser
- Neivrdlalh class Heavy Cruiser
- Nightrim class Heavy Cruiser
- Nordica class Battlecruiser
- Normandy class Heavy Cruiser
- Panjiach class Heavy Cruiser
- Planet class Heavy Cruiser
- Pukushik class Cruiser
- Refined class Heavy Cruiser
- Regal class Battlecruiser
- Repulse class Heavy Cruiser
- Rugiceps class Light Cruiser
- Scapa class Heavy Frigate
- Sentinel class Heavy Cruiser
- SH70K class Heavy Cruiser
- Shtiaba class Light Cruiser
- Tash class Heavy Cruiser
- Tliabazhdrinzh class Heavy Cruiser
- Trend class Support Cruiser
- Umbra class Battlecruiser
- Viatoris class Heavy Cruiser
- Vieblazhdr class Heavy Cruiser
- Vonk class Cruiser
- Vrapkenchkinj class Light Battlecruiser
- Windhorst class Heavy Cruiser
- Xing!kir class Light Cruiser
- Xundar class Heavy Cruiser
|This article has Metadata|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Marc Miller, Frank Chadwick, John Harshman. High Guard (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), 20-37. (Design Sequence Used)
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis), Captain, and Lead Naval Architect Ronald B. Kline, Jr. of the Imperial Navy
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science