style="width: 220px; height: 250px;"
Jump map from Travellermap.com 
|Army Size (BEs)||0|
|World Trade Number||5|
|Trade Volume (MCr/year)||48,642|
|Building Capacity (Tons)||7,600|
|Port passengers (annual)||12,200|
HRD is an icy, non-agricultural and nonindustrial vacuum world, warranting hazardous environment precautions.
- Its surface is ice-capped with little or no atmosphere and nearly all of its water frozen.
- It is unable to produce quality foodstuffs and must import them.
- It requires extensive imports of outside technology to maintain a modern, star-faring society. It is a member of Third Imperium in the Vincennes Subsector of Deneb Sector and in the Domain of Deneb. HRD, as a member world of the Third Imperium, holds the estate of an Imperial knight, a member of the Imperial Nobility charged with overseeing the world. This world has a nearby Imperial Naval Base, capable of handling warships.
|Army Size (BEs)||5|
|World Trade Number||5|
|Trade Volume (MCr/year)||29,009|
|Building Capacity (Tons)||13,000|
|Port passengers (annual)||92,200|
Era: New Era
HRD has complete lack of an atmosphere, but does have some water frozen on the planet's surface. The system has a population between 10 million and a billion sophonts, with a self supporting industrial base. It is a member of Regency of Deneb in the Vincennes Subsector of Deneb Sector. This world has a nearby Regency Naval Base, capable of handling warships.
- HRD is sometimes known as Hrd.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
No information yet available.
HRD Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) HRD Primary
Primary Giant 7.4 2000 - 2900 2280 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 2.12153 3.96052 37.96 - 61.87 212.153 2121.53 Orbit # 4 5 9 11 15
History & Background (Dossier)
Lurent planetoid ships may be found, trading, in the inner system or in the system’s Oort clouds, refuelling.
Imperial High (Landed) Nobility
HRD, as a member world of the Third Imperium has a member of the Imperial Nobility overseeing the world.
Point of Interest: Humbolt Research Directorate
Originally established as the Humbolt Research Directorate, HRD is now a think tank, whose only export is information and analysis. Unlike research stations, however, it is not a unified government-owned operation. HRD consists of a large number of commercial analytical groups, all competing for government contracts.
HRD is the sector's largest exporter of information. Although HRD was originally settled as a research center for the Imperial Navy, pressure from other elements of the sector government gradually pushed HRD toward independence. However, the Navy maintains a highly visible presence in system, and its technical training center is greatly renowned.
HRD is still Deneb's primary think tank, with experts in every field applying their skills to the Domain's problems. The world's economy is almost exclusively sustained by the various research projects being conducted there. While the exported data is mainly confidential, mostly slated toward the Domain's defense, several local organizations research civil subjects as well.
The world's political structure revolves around several corporate centers, all vying for contracts and engaging in industrial espionage. Overall government is supplied by a council of corporate representatives, but individual companies provide most of the infrastructure and basic services.
Since much of HRD's work is classified, rumors abound as to what projects are actually being conducted on world. Media sources occasionally try to infiltrate HRD's web of corporate intrigue, but they seldom manage to report anything conclusive.
Recent rumors concern hidden installations and unreasonably heavy Naval patrols. Other journalists have noted the large number of transient Droyne that regularly pass through the system. Accounts of small bodies insystem having been moved by no identifiable means continue to circulate.
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Gary L. Thomas, Joe Fugate. "Data/Library: Deneb." The Travellers' Digest 19 (1990): 24-30.
- Rob Caswell. "HRD." MegaTraveller Journal 2 (1991): .
- Rob Caswell. "Domain of Deneb: Sector Data." MegaTraveller Journal 3 (1992): 47-58.
- Joe Fugate. "DIS Newsbriefs." MegaTraveller Journal 4 (1993): .
- Dave Nilsen. The Regency Sourcebook (Game Designers Workshop, 1995), 61.
- Mongoose Traveller: Deneb Sector (UWP only)
- EXTERNAL LINK: Sunbane data
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science
- ↑ "Jump Map API" and map location from Travellermap.com
- Third Imperium worlds
- Domain of Deneb worlds
- Era: Milieu 1116
- Regency of Deneb worlds
- Era: New Era
- Articles at intermediate completion state
- Needs Work
- Imperial Research Station
- Jumpspace Institute worlds
- Ling-Standard Products worlds
- Lurent worlds
- Vincennes Cluster worlds
- T5 Second Survey worlds