|Gadden/Harlequin (Solomani Rim 2506)|
|Classic Era (1115)|
Gadden is a low-population world with a population of less than 10,000 sophonts in size.
- This world has yet to take off economically or otherwise and the population remains low for reasons largely unknown.
- It is a member of the Third Imperium in the Harlequin Subsector of Solomani Rim Sector in the Domain of Sol.
- This world was once known as Gladden.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
Gadden Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Gadden
Primary Main Sequence 0.489 2800 - 3600 0.04 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.00511 0.01659 0.16 - 0.26 0.511 5.11 Orbit # * * 0 1 6
IISS GURPS Astrographics Survey
2506 Gadden (Imperial)
Starport: Class II.
Diameter: 7,900 miles (12,600 km). Gravity: 0.94g.
Atmosphere: Dense oxygen-nitrogen (Tainted).
Control Level: 0.
Tech Level: 8.
World Trade Number: 2.5.
The importance of Gadden is not readily apparent, and is not widely known. The local ecology has produced several strains of green plant which provide the psychochemicals used in the production of combat drug. As would be expected, the plants in the wild merely provide base chemicals which must be further refined. In addition, it is not clear that the drugs themselves are superior to those currently in distribution throughout the Imperium.
History & Background (Dossier)
Although Gadden is listed as the major world in the system, it has a population numbering less than a thousand, and no formal government or law level.
- Local technology is virtually all imported and hovers at relatively low levels.
- The small population of Gadden is devoted to a small mining camp exploiting some rich and easily processed veins of simple metals.
- Most of the world's surface is unexplored.
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|