|Gadden/Harlequin (Solomani Rim 2506)|
|Classic Era (1115)|
Gadden is a low-population world with a population of less than 10,000 sophonts in size.
- This world has yet to take off economically or otherwise and the population remains low for reasons largely unknown.
- It is a member of the Third Imperium in the Harlequin Subsector of Solomani Rim Sector in the Domain of Sol.
- This world was once known as Gladden.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
The mainworld is 13,000 kilometers in diameter with a dense tainted atmosphere and perhaps 30% liquid oceans.
Gadden Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Gadden
Primary Main Sequence 0.489 2800 - 3600 0.04 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.00511 0.01659 0.16 - 0.26 0.511 5.11 Orbit # * * 0 1 6
IISS GURPS Astrographics Survey
2506 Gadden (Imperial)
Starport: Class II.
Diameter: 7,900 miles (12,600 km). Gravity: 0.94g.
Atmosphere: Dense oxygen-nitrogen (Tainted).
Control Level: 0.
Tech Level: 8.
World Trade Number: 2.5.
The importance of Gadden is not readily apparent, and is not widely known.
- The local ecology has produced several strains of green plant which provide the psychochemicals used in the production of combat drug.
- As would be expected, the plants in the wild merely provide base chemicals which must be further refined.
- In addition, it is not clear that the drugs themselves are superior to those currently in distribution throughout the Imperium.
History & Background (Dossier)
Although Gadden is listed as the major world in the system, it has a population numbering less than a thousand, and no formal government or law level.
- Local technology is virtually all imported and hovers at relatively low levels.
- The small population of Gadden is devoted to a small mining camp exploiting some rich and easily processed veins of simple metals.
- Most of the world's surface is unexplored.