- Fuel tanks are used by a great variety of vehicles, smallcraft, bigcraft, boats, and other vessel types.
Conventional fuel tanks are designed as a fixed part of a vehicle or ship. Hydrogen is the most widely used fuel within Charted Space.
Insulated fuel bladders may be carried in the cargo hold to provide additional fuel: they may may not exceed the total tonnage of the cargo hold. This fuel may not be used directly, but must be first pumped into the ship’s normal fuel tanks. When empty, they can be stored at 1% of their full volume. They may be installed at any class A or B starport in one week and cost Cr500 per Ton.
- Fuel Scoops may be directly connected to a collapsible fuel tank.
- John Harshman, Marc Miller, Classic Traveller Trillion Credit Squadron, (Game Designers Workshop, 1981), pgs. 13-14.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science