Forum:Template: Legacy UWP
- The template looks pretty good. Has the database been populated with more worlds than Dinom?
No. Unless Thomas automated it, no.
- I foresee complications when we end up with multiple UWP's within a mileu.
- I don't automate things until I have some agreement about what the outcome should be like. So the two questions are: Do you like the template at it exists ? (Yes), and which sector/published data should be added first/at all?
- The columns are for published versions, and as far as I'm aware the only duplicate publication of sector data would be the Spinward Marches in the CT era (Spinward Marches and The Spinward Marches Campaign). Did I miss any? Tjoneslo (talk) 16:21, 4 July 2018 (EDT)
I think we really need to inventory (as in make a list) where the data is first.
- It's really good though.
So, what are all the sources that include superseded data? And do we want to include things by era, or by specific book. This all started with my observation that Dinom (talk) looks different on this site from the way it looks in the classic Across the Bright Face. Are there instances where different books within the same era have different information — for example, are the UWPs in The Spinward Marches and The Spinward Marches Campaign in any way different?
- In theory, every publication before 2013 (the official start of the T5SS) that has published UWPs has superseded data. That would include everything published by all the official publishers except Mongoose, and all of the earlier Mongoose books.
- I have not done a detailed analysis of the different UWPs for the CT books to discover if there are differences. I've never seen any discussion about changes in the Spinward Marches UWP until the publication of the T5SS. Tjoneslo (talk) 21:11, 4 July 2018 (EDT)
Yes, sometimes products in the same Trav version have different data.
- To a degree, every references listing has a fairly accurate snapshot of what is available, but our data is still so baseline.