Jump to navigation Jump to search
- It doesn't fully reconcile with the earlier wiki ship classifications system (..by the amazing Jmattera) or with every Trav edition, but it is as close a workable compromise as is probably possible.
- If you have a better system and are reading this, please contact the current Traveller RPG Wiki administrator. We should all be open to change and improvement where it is warranted.
|Imperial Ship Classification|
|1.||Ship Mission Codes||SUPRACLASS||MISSION||Free Trader AKA Merchant|
|2.||Ship Type Codes||SUPERCLASS||TYPE||Type A class Free Trader|
|3.||Ship Class Codes||CLASS||CLASS||Beowulf class Free Trader|
|4.||Ship Model Codes||MODEL||TL & Model||TL-14 Beowulf Build
|5.||Ship Bloc Codes||LOT or BLOC||Named Ship||“The Lonesome Wolf” of ‘Bloc 312-1115d’
- INTERNAL LINK: Ship Mission Code (#1. Top Level)
- INTERNAL LINK: Ship Type Code (#2. Second Level)
- INTERNAL LINK: Ship Class Code (#3. Third and most common level)
I recommend that you add the vessel type to the class name when you define a ship page. For example Broadsword class.
- The current class is a "Mercenary Cruiser," but it is not unreasonable that there could be a Battleship class with the same name. If the Broadsword class page was actually "Broadsword Class Mercenary Cruiser" it would be easier to differentiate between "Broadsword Class Battleship."
- It would also help with searches because the ship type would be in the title, and there would be less confusion when multiple ship types are in the page body, as with the page Cruiser.