What happened to the recent changes page? I can't find a link from the front page, and I can't find it by searching. Rancke 15:46, October 24, 2010 (UTC)
- special:RecentChanges. I haven't spent enough time with the new interface to figure any of it out yet. The alternative is go into your preferences, select the skin tab (may take a few seconds to load) and select the Monaco skin. The new skin looses the very nice UWP popup which I need to fix. If you find anything else please let me know.
The people at Wikia have got rocks in their heads. Come back after a few weeks in a far off distant land without internet and find this abomination. The subsector maps (and that's my main interest) look plain awful with the new skin. Changed back to Monaco. It looks like we can ask by Nov 3 (only two days away folks) to be changed back and have Monaco as our default. I guess that's down to Dcorrin Imperial Grand Survey 21:57, October 31, 2010 (UTC)
- There is a button in the upper right titled "Wiki Activity" which puts you into the Recent Changes page. There may be options for adjusting the layout. I also fixed the UWP popup. Again, if you see anything else broken, please bring it to my attention.
- We may want to revisit the layout of the front page again, given the changes to the layout. Suggestions welcome. Tjoneslo 20:20, November 8, 2010 (UTC)
- The "Featured Users" button is the most obvious broken thing I can find at the moment, there may well be many others. I've not been able to find anything to tweak the way the pages display, other than to go back to MonoBook, which has almost as many problems. Imperial Grand Survey 06:51, November 10, 2010 (UTC)
- OK, so far the following don't work:
- None of the Top Content items (Editor's Pick, Most Visited, Highest Voted, Newly Changed)
- Featured Users
The rest seem to work. Imperial Grand Survey 07:52, November 10, 2010 (UTC)
- OK, that's annoying. The problem is the links go to pages that were defined (and auto-generated) in the Manaco skin (the previous, deleted one). I can fix one (Newly changed -> special:RecentChanges). But the others I'm not sure about.
- The whole main page needs a new layout. Which is something that is not one of my strong point. If anyone has some suggestions, please forward them on. Otherwise I'll make something up. Which may or may not be any better than the current design. Tjoneslo 13:59, November 10, 2010 (UTC)
I've tried the monobook layout as well (now the only other alternative). Even more limited, but it does look better. Imperial Grand Survey 11:58, November 14, 2010 (UTC)