Forum:Dictionary Page layout
This is a discussion about the Dictionary entries moved from my User_talk:Tjoneslo#Dictionary_.26_Basic_Article_Entry_.282016.29 talk page. As a starting point is the Manual_of_Style#Dictionary_Entries. My point in this discussion was that the dictionary entries have a different layout from the main library entries.
- I agree about dictionary entries. What I then suggest is that dictionary entries have a designator in parentheses like (worlds).
- It would be word (dictionary).
- Because a lot of the entries have what could be a good basic article as well as the definition.
- They are or should be two different fish.
- For example, the article on Sophontologist will eventually be expanded to a full article by me or someone else.
- At the same time, it should also have a dictionary entry.
- - Maksim-Smelchak (talk) 10:20, 23 July 2016 (EDT)
- There are two suggestions I take from the above notes:
- I take from your suggestion you would like to move all the dictionary entries to include the '(dictionary)' tag. I dislike the idea of moving all the articles this way. My preference would be to leave the dictionary entries where they are.
- We need a better definition of what should be in the dictionary entries and what should be library entries. I would think the Sophontologist entry should be simple dictionary entry (A person who studies Sophontology), rather than a longer Library entry. The Sophontology entry should be the longer library entry. Most of the existing dictionary entries are glossary terms from the existing canon sources. And I think that is a good starting point. Glossary terms should be dictionary entries.