A Filter Mask is a filter set, which allows an individual to breathe a normal density but tainted atmosphere. It uses chemical cartridges specific to a type of tainted atmosphere, and which usually need to be replaced after about ten hours of use at a cost of Cr20 and mass of 0.3 kg.
These masks are also used to filter out airborne military toxins of the same TL as the filter cartridge. The lower TL models are not well designed and interfere with vision and hearing, but higher TL models do not suffer the same problems.
- Marc Miller. Worlds and Adventures (Game Designers Workshop, 1977), 17.
- Marc Miller. Imperial Encyclopedia (Game Designers Workshop, 1987), 63.
- Greg Porter. Central Supply Catalog (Imperium Games, 1996), 12,21.
- Martin Dougherty, Hunter Gordon. The Traveller's Handbook (QuikLink Interactive, 2002), 212.
- Paul Drye, Loren Wiseman, Jon F. Zeigler. Interstellar Wars (Steve Jackson Games, 2006), 167.
- Martin Dougherty. Guns, Gadgets and Gear (Avenger Enterprises, 2007), 50.
- Marc Miller. T5 Core Rules (Far Future Enterprises, 2013), 632.
- Matthew Sprange. Core Rule Book (Mongoose Publishing, 2016), 113.
- Matthew Sprange. Central Supply Catalogue (Mongoose Publishing, 2016), 41.