FASA Corporation was an American publisher of role-playing games, wargames and boardgames until 2001.
- Founded in 1980 in Chicago by Jordan Weisman and L. Ross Babcock III. Originally the name FASA was an acronym for "Freedonian Aeronautics and Space Administration", a joking allusion to the Marx Brothers film "Duck Soup," though in later years the letters of the name did not actually stand for anything. This tongue-in-cheek attitude was carried over in humorous self-references in its games.
FASA produced the Battletech miniatures Mech war game and the associated RPG and the highly successful Shadowrun RPG. Other games included Earthdawn and the Doctor Who RPG
- In 1998 it acquired Ral Partha miniatures company.
- In 1999 it was scheduled to be acquired by Decipher Inc. but that apparently fell through.
- In 2000, president Jill Lucas and Battletech line developer Brian Nystul left.
- It has announced that it will be shutting down in Spring 2001, selling its Battletech and Shadowrun properties to Wizkids LLC.
Storyline & Setting
No information yet available.
Popular Artists & Authors
- EXTERNAL LINK: TBD
Library Data Entries (Public)
History & Background (Dossier)
- The company went on to establish itself as major gaming company with the publication of the first licensed Star Trek RPG, then several successful original games.
- In 1988, FASA sold the rights to all of it Traveller material, including the Traveller licence, to Seeker Gaming Systems.
- Seeker transferred the FASA Traveller material to FFE in 2007.
According to the Far Futures page, the following were planned, but not published:
- Adventure 10 - Target: Assassin
- Double Adventure - Piracy / Stardust
- Starport Module Two - Orbiting Base
Bibliography-Ludography (Published Products)
This publisher has authored and published the following products:
References & Contributions (Sources)
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at FASA. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. The text of Wikipedia is available under the Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.|