A Commercial Competency is what a business does well and the market in which it chooses to participate in commerce.
Core competencies fulfill three criteria:
- Provides potential access to a wide variety of markets.
- Should make a significant contribution to the perceived customer benefits of the end product.
- Difficult to imitate by competitors.
- Microbusiness (One world or system)
- Business (Several worlds)
- Macrobusiness (subsector-wide)
- Superbusiness (Several Subsectors)
- Corporation (Sector-wide)
- Supercorporation (Several sectors)
- Megacorporation, Early (Many Sectors or Imperium-wide)
- Megacorporation, Intermediate (Many Sectors or Imperium-wide)
- Megacorporation, Mature (Many Sectors or Imperium-wide)
The use and understanding of the concept of core competences can be very important to enterprises. They can use core competences in order to excel at the contrivance of core products. Enterprises could also use core competences to raise the values of customers and stakeholders.
Core competencies are related to a firm's product portfolio via core products. Core competences as the engines for development of core products and services. Competencies are the roots of which the corporation grows, like a tree whose fruit are end products.
In the end of ends, a Commercial Competency is about recognizing and capitalizing upon a competitive advantage.
The Universal Corporate Profile is an imperfect device by which industries are categorized and which indicate advantage. The system is constantly developing as the business environment changes and develops.
- Apiculture (Beekeeping)
- Livestock (Animal Husbandry)
- Urban Agriculture
- Industrial Agriculture
- Factory Farming
- Mechanised Agriculture
- Construction Corporation
- Exotic Environment Construction
- Vacuum Construction
- Star System Construction
- Deep Space Construction
- World Construction (Planetary: Conventional)
- Finance, Insurance, Real Estate
- Real Estate
- Manufacturing Corporation
- Computers & Electronics
- Consumer Goods
- Domestic Goods
- Office Goods
- Heavy Industry
- Construction Equipment
- Heavy Vehicles
- Life Support Systems
- Mining Equipment
- Power Generation Equipment
- Superdense Materials
- Medical Goods
- Hospital Equipment
- Medical Supplies
- Pharmaceuticals (Medicine)
- Robotics / Robot Manufacturer
- Ship Manufacturer / Naval Architecture
- Mining (Resource Extraction)
- Exotic Environment
- Resource Processing
- Vacuum (Planetoid, Deep Space, etc.)
- World (Planetary: Conventional)
- Public Administrative
- Retail Trade (Interface Trade: Stellar or World Trade)
- Transportation, Communications, Utilities (Power, gas, sanitation, etc.)
- Wholesale Trade (Interface Trade: Interstellar)
- Non-classifiable (Other)
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Core_competency. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. The text of Wikipedia is available under the Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.|