The Final Odyssey
|Publisher||Game Designers Workshop|
|Available from||DriveThru RPG|
Arrival Vengeance: The Final Odyssey is a MegaTraveller adventure spanning charted space during the Hard Times era. It provides a glimpse of events across a wide region of the MegaTraveller map. This was the last MegaTraveller product published by GDW.
"Tell Norris I'm sorry." This is Emperor Strephon's last message, given to the crew of ISS Arrival Vengeanceto take back with them to the Domain of Deneb. Strephon was the last stop on Arrival Vengeance"'s three-year mission to save a civilization. It is 1126.
- Three years earlier, 1123, Archduke Norris, ever faithful to the Imperial Ideal, ordered a top-secret mission.
- A hundred-year old cruiser was "borrowed" from a mothball fleet and assigned a hand picked crew. It was prepared for a three-year cruise.
- The ship: ISS Arrival Vengeance, a 60,000 ton Azhanti High Lightning-class cruiser.
- The course: Cross the Great Rift to Daibei, run trailward to Delphi, then coreward to Core and Gushemege. Contact Craig, Lucan, Margaret and Strephon.
- The mission: Penetrate the war-torn shattered Imperium in search of some hope of a reunified Imperium.
- Join the crew of the Arrival Vengeance, be a custodian of the future of the Domain of Deneb - perhaps that of the entire Imperium. The mission is ambitious, but surely it must succeed. The Imperium can't really be dead, can it? Can the dream really be over?
- As a member of the hand-picked crew, you will negotiate with Aslan nobles, witness the slave trade in the depths of Massilia, meet with the Hand of Varian, and have a show-down with Lucan's forces. You will also meet with Duke Craig, Duchess Margaret, and learn the truth about Strephon.
- Tough times demand tough people. Accept the challenge of Arrival Vengeance.
- Greg Videll
- Additional Design
- Dave Nilsen
- Cover Art
- Tom Peters
- Interior Art
- Steve Bryant, LaMont Fullerton & Mike Vilardi
- Graphic Design
- Steve Bryant, Rob Lazaretti & Kirk Wescom
- Original Azhanti High Lightning design
- Frank Chadwick & Marc Miller
Table of Contents
|Letter from Archduke Norris||4|
|Keepers of the Flame||13|
|Bird of Prey||14|
|Hand of Varian||16|
|Vengance is mine||18|
|World in flames||18|
|Shadow of greatness||20|
|Appendix 1: Aboard the Arrival Vengance||27|
|Appendix 2: Lightning class cruisers||30|
|Appendix 3: NPCs||31|