|Akeen/Lowton (Gateway 2708)|
|Classic Era (1115)|
|Primary||F5 V M5 V|
- It is a member of the Akeena Union in the Lowton Subsector of Gateway Sector.
- This world has a nearby Naval Base, usually associated with military starships.
- It is the capital of the Akeena Union.
- It is the homeworld of the minor non-human race known as the Akeed.
A nonindustrial water world, Akeen possesses several large islands and numerous island chains, the home environment of the enigmatic alien culture.
- The population, government, law and tech level UWP codes refer to the human orbital colony called Sky, together with human enclaves on the planet's surface.
Binary Solar System
Akeen Binary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Akeen
Primary Main Sequence 1.3 6100 - 6800 3.5 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.01303 0.15517 1.49 - 2.42 1.303 13.03 Orbit # * 0 4 4 7 Remarks Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Akeen
Secondary Main Sequence 0.331 2000 - 2900 0.007 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.00333 0.00694 0.07 - 0.11 0.333 3.33 Orbit # * * * 1 5 Remarks
Native Sophont Species: Akeed
The Akeed themselves feed on minerals drawn directly from soil and water, and appear to be as happy living under the water as on the land.
- Though human contact with the Akeed occurs only on land or in space, it is believed that the race has an extensive marine culture. The extent of this culture, its tech level, and other accomplishments are unknown.
- The population of the Akeed is unknown, and their law and government systems are largely unintelligible to human observers.
- Their tech level, based on observations of their ship technology and electronics, is generally set at ten (A).
- They possess Jump-drive ships, but acquired them from humans early in the sector's history.
History & Background (Dossier)
No information yet available.