Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
|Traveller Wiki Policies|
|Who we are|
|About • What is Traveller? • Traveller Ethos|
|How you can help|
|Article Organization • Manual of Style • Projects|
|Canon • Setting • Versions of Traveller|
|Citations • Colours • Date Organization • Dossier • Specifications • Sources • Template List|
The wiki environment is highly Hiver-like; unregulated and permissiveness is the order of the day. Even the best of places requires a little regulation to avoid complete anarchy. The Wiki runs on consensus and by agreement of the contributors and users. Input from all users is always welcomed and encouraged.
Team Member Roles & Privileges
Involved individuals are grouped by group rights.
The administrators, also known as the Stewards of the Traveller Wiki, the serve as leadership for the wiki. Their responsibilities are assisting and encouraging the contributors with their editing, and updating articles as needed. Administrators are not imbued with any special authority, and are equal to everybody else in terms of editorial responsibility. They are members of the community and are looked to for advice and information. Stewards adjudicate disputes between members when necessary.
The Stewards inform and educate editors to ensure the Wiki keeps within our guidelines for Copyright and other policies for article content. They monitor the Admin pages to ensure the wiki remains usable for everyone.
The Stewards have been granted specific powers within the wiki to monitor the state of the wiki and serve as the Mashkim, dealing with vandalism and spammers as needed.
The Bots are users created to perform automated editing to the Wiki. The Stewards have several scripts and other automated processing to make changes to articles. If you have an idea for a simple change to multiple articles, please ask if one of the Bots can make the change for you.
Referees are game masters using the wiki to run Traveller campaigns. Please contact one of the Stewards if you interested in using the wiki for your Traveller campaign.
The user are referred to as the editors, contributors, or librarians. When you register at the wiki, you automatically become a user and granted rights to edit articles and be a part of the Wiki. In addition to editing and creating articles users present ideas and feedback on the contents of the wiki.
Honorable Order of AAB Librarians
To recognize contributors who have made significant contributions to the Wiki these editors are inducted into the Honorable order of AAB Librarians. The current list:
- AAB Junior Librarian David Drazul
- Lord (Marquis), Captain, and Lead Naval Architect Ronald B. Kline, Jr. of the Imperial Navy
- Lord (Marquis) and Captain J. Mattera of the Imperial Navy
- IISS Junior Administrator and Master Astrographer Ensign Phillips
- Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science
- Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
Wiki Administrative Leaders
The Emperor's List of Wiki Leaders have included the following individuals:
- Lord (Count) and Chief Marshall Dan Corrin of the Office of the Emperor (2006 to 2012)
- Mr. Thomas Jones-Low (2012 to 2017)
- Mr. Maksim-Smelchak (2017 to 2019)
- The current leadership of the wiki is managed by the Stewards (2019 to present)
- 1982 GDW Understanding Traveller pamphlette
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science