Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Onon/Core (Core 2017)|
|Classic Era (1115)|
Onon is a low-population world with a population of less than 10,000 sophonts in size.
- This world has yet to take off economically or otherwise and the population remains low for reasons largely unknown.
- This is a "Reserve World" with restricted access, either to protect the indigenous lifeforms, to protect available resources, preserve pristine and idyllic real estate, or other reasons.
- This world has a research station engaged in the scientific pursuit of knowledge.
- It is a member of the Third Imperium in the Core Subsector of Core Sector in the Domain of Sylea.
- Home of Research Station Iota (Core).
- During the Long Night this world was named Kain.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
- Onon has been and still is a favorite research ground for the more daring planetologists.
Onon Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Onon Primary Red M1 V None
- Onon is a member of the Imperium.
- During the First Imperium, Onon was relatively quiet (geologically speaking), and a band of unsuspecting Vilani colonists settled there. Three hundred years later, Onon's entire crust shifted, causing a massive outbreak of vulcanism around the globe. The colony was utterly wiped out - all that remains of the first colony are some scant tech level 9 ruins. The world's geological history in the centuries since has been unstable at best.
- In approximately the year -4300, the world of Onon was resettled by colonist who later found it to be a non-optimal world, having used up its natural resources fairly soon after its establishment. Its tainted oceans swarmed with inedible fish, and a pervasive "scum" that left a strange purple-green coloration on its beaches tinted its coastal landscape. Long ago, the Masters of Onon had decided to evacuate their world and migrate to a new home on the edge of the Great Rift, gifting their world to the Emperor as a personal possession in the process.
- The Imperial coffers rebuilt the Master's Palace into a retreat from the cares and responsibilities of government. The underground tunnels and the Old City were refurbished and rebuilt to house the numerous Imperial servants, bureaucrats, and caretakers.
- The old starport has fallen to ruin; yachts and shuttles that visit the city land at the Old City Plaza outside the ceremonial gate to the palace.
- The Empress Margaret I died in a tunnel collapse beneath the Old City in 736.
Imperial High (Landed) Nobility
- It holds the estate of an Imperial knight.
- Onon is the Personal Reserve/Fief-World of the Emperor of the Third Imperium.
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|