Tleiatre class Battle Leader
|Tleiatre class Battle Leader|
A Tleiatre class Battle Leader fresh from jumpspace on the way to a prepositioned point.
|Type: CY Battle Leader|
|Architect||J. Andrew Keith|
|Canon||Yes. Published, canon starship design.|
Qty: MCr 2,229.4656
|EOS||Still in active service.|
|Passengers||20 High/Med 42 Low|
|Reference||Adventure Class Ships Volume 4 Poster.|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard.|
- It is a military ship and an Battle Leader.
- It is also known in Anglic as the Warlord class Battle Leader.
- It carries medium light armament and a military defensive suite. Primarily a coordination ship, the Warlord class mounts enough weaponry for most routine encounters, but it is not intended for strictly ship-to-ship actions, and fares poorly against opponents of equal size designed for combat purposes.
- It ordinarily carries two subcraft, ten ship's vehicles, and drones only when needed.
- It has a 63 sophont crew and 42 marines.
- A Tleiatre class Battle Leader under spaceflight preparing for an Ihatei invasion.
- A Tleiatre class Battle Leader and several Eiaikeiar class Intruder Transports preparing for invasion.
General Description & Deck Plans
No information yet available.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull||3,000 tons (standard). 42,000 cubic meters.|
|2.||Crew||53 crew: 14 officers, 49 enlisted personnel.|
|3.||Performance||Jump-3, 4-G. Power Plant-6. 180 EP. Agility-4.|
|4.||Electronics||Two model/7 fib ship computers.|
|5.||Hardpoints||Two 50-ton bays. Ten hardpoints.|
|6.||Armament||Two 50-ton missile bays. Ten triple beam laser turrets organized into ten batteries.|
|7.||Defenses||Armored Hull (factor-9).|
|8.||Craft|| Two 60-ton pinnaces. Ten air/raft bays.
|9.||Fuel Treatment||Ship is equipped with fuel scoops and on-board fuel purification plant.|
|10.||Cost||MCr 2786.832, Qty: MCr 2229.4656|
|11.||Construction Time||34 months singly. 23 months in quantity.|
The ship is designed to carry headquarters forces to battle, and from there, to coordinate the activities of ground forces and ships of a small squadron. It is equipped with extra sensor gear, communications facilities, and a second computer, which can be used for setting up complex battle simulations or to solve military problems without interfering with ship operations.
The ship has been used in other functions as well. Heavy armor has made it an excellent choice as a landing craft for troops taken from other ships, though it is only occasionally used in this fashion. The presence of extensive medical facilities and the use of a Medevac pinnace has also tended to make Battle Leaders into mobile Aid Stations. Both of these, and other jobs which have been assigned to these versatile ships, have tended to remain secondary to the prime job of coordination and command control, however.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Vessel Peculiarities: Space is also provided for twenty passengers. A battle group commander and executive officer, a squadron commodore and exec (if the ship is to serve as flagship for an independent force), a variety of staff officers, an owner's representative, and six medical officers serving in the battalion aid station carried on board can all be accommodated in the passenger space on board.
Class Naming Practice/s: The Tleiatre (often translated roughly as "Warlord" or "Leader of Hosts") class of Battle Leaders is often employed as a headquarters vessel for campaigns involving units of Battle Group (battalion) level or higher.
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type CY class Mercenary Cruiser
- Aositaoh class Mercenary Cruiser
- Ares Dragon class Mercenary Cruiser
- Broadsword class Mercenary Cruiser
- Byrna class Mercenary Cruiser
- Duke Boris class Mercenary Cruiser
- Longsword class Mercenary Cruiser
- Mauler class Mercenary Cruiser
- Tethys class Mercenary Transport
- Tleiatre class Battle Leader
- Type C class Mercenary Cruiser
|This article has Metadata|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Marc Miller, Frank Chadwick, John Harshman. High Guard (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), 20-37. (Design Sequence Used)
- J. Andrew Keith. Adventure Class Ships Volume 4 (FASA, 1982), Poster. (FASA Classic Traveller Book 2)
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science