The Tent is a cloth or animal hide structure to create a shelter for two people. Consists of a set of poles, wood or light metal is most common, and a covering made of animal hide or light cloth. Can be assembled or disassembled in 15 minutes under normal conditions.
Tents can be colored or camouflaged and can be carried on a pack. Two men can fit comfortably inside, three with some crowding. Tents manufactured after TL–5 usually have a sewn-in waterproof floor.
- Steve Harmon. FCI Consumer Guide (FASA, 1981), 7.
- Marc Miller. Imperial Encyclopedia (Game Designers Workshop, 1987), 66.
- Frank Chadwick, Dave Nilsen. Traveller: The New Era (Game Designers Workshop, 1993), 339.
- Marc Miller. Marc Miller's Traveller (Imperium Games, 1996), 69.
- Greg Porter. Central Supply Catalog (Imperium Games, 1996), 32,34.
- Douglas E. Berry. Ground Forces (Steve Jackson Games, 2000), 105.
- Martin Dougherty, Hunter Gordon. The Traveller's Handbook (QuikLink Interactive, 2002), 212.
- Paul Drye, Loren Wiseman, Jon F. Zeigler. Interstellar Wars (Steve Jackson Games, 2006), 167.
- Martin Dougherty. Guns, Gadgets and Gear (Avenger Enterprises, 2007), 56.
- Marc Miller. T5 Core Rules (Far Future Enterprises, 2013), 648.
- Matthew Sprange. Core Rule Book (Mongoose Publishing, 2016), 114.
- Matthew Sprange. Central Supply Catalogue (Mongoose Publishing, 2016), 56.