The Tent is a cloth or animal hide structure to create a shelter for two people. Consists of a set of poles, wood or light metal is most common, and a covering made of animal hide or light cloth. Can be assembled or disassembled in 15 minutes under normal conditions.
Tents can be colored or camouflaged and can be carried on a pack. Two men can fit comfortably inside, three with some crowding. Tents manufactured after TL–5 usually have a sewn-in waterproof floor.
The LSP Model 317 Pressurized Shelter is representative of a variety of commercial pressure tents and is a basic shelter for two persons. It is sealed and capable of holding a standard atmosphere of pressure when the outside environment is a tainted or exotic atmosphere or vacuum. There is no airlock: the tent must be depressurized to enter or leave. Like most tents, it can be assembled or disassembled in 15 minutes.
- Steve Harmon. FCI Consumer Guide (FASA, 1981), 7.
- Marc Miller. Imperial Encyclopedia (Game Designers Workshop, 1987), 66.
- Citation Missing - Traveller The New Era
- Greg Porter. Central Supply Catalog (Imperium Games, 1996), 32,34.
- Marc Miller. T5 Core Rules (Far Future Enterprises, 2013), 648.