- EXTERNAL LINK: So Traveller was designed and launched in the late 1970s and early 80s. One of the premises was that they wanted the people of the time (I was there) to conceive of a future that would be easily understandable to a person of the “present.” Should there be a version of Traveller that does the same extrapolation from the present day - so we don’t have 5 ton ship computers?
- EXTERNAL LINK: One thing that I can't seem to find anything on is why the title is spelled with the British English orthographic form. As far as I can tell, the team and publishing behind CT were all American, so it causes me to be curious as to why they chose the spelling that they did. Anyone happen to know anything on this?
Looks a bit odd to have 'Dragon Magazine' showing under Bibliography-Ludography (Published Products). Would it not look better to maybe breakout Magazine / Periodicals into their own section. Shouldn't Bibliography-Ludography (Published Products) be just that, Published Products?
- That list is generated from the data in the infoboxes in the individual articles, in this case based upon the version. In some of the book articles the format is "periodical" and in others it is size of the publication, or PDF, or the like. There would need to be a consistent way of identifying the magazines from the normal books. Tjoneslo (talk) 09:10, 21 September 2019 (EDT)
- The data for the list on the page comes from the Template:InfoboxBook2 template when put on each page. The "Format" parameter is used for both publication size and type. I'm reading you would like to have a new parameter here to separate format (size, PDF, etc) from the type of publication (periodical, book, folio, etc). Tjoneslo (talk) 09:16, 21 September 2019 (EDT)
- Not sure what is best. I think it would look better if Magazines etc that had just a small 1-2 page article for Traveller, like White Dwarf and Dragon should be shown outside of the main books that are full Traveller. I think that way it would look neater and the lists would be easier to Navigate. Bsycamore (talk) 09:29, 21 September 2019 (EDT)
- The quick-n-dirty fix is to go through the Dragon articles and change the "version" parameter in the InfoboxBook2 template to "Generic", as in the articles are for the Generic version (i.e. all) versions of Traveller. That will get them out of the list on this page. But I like your idea of having a single article page for the non-Traveller magazines with Traveller content. Tjoneslo (talk) 10:13, 21 September 2019 (EDT)
- Good catch.
Bibliography-Ludography (Published Products)
The Bibliography-Ludography (Published Products) section is including a lot of products I wouldn't say are part of the CT canon. I don't know how to fix this.