(Redirected from Sterope (star))Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Asterope (21 Tauri)|
|Sterope (22 Tauri)|
The names Asterope and Sterope are shared by two stars, otherwise known as 21 Tauri and 22 Tauri. Both stars are members of the star cluster known as the Pleiades.
Asterope is a blue main sequence star of spectral class B8, whereas Sterope is a blue-white main sequence star of spectral class A0.
- The Asterope star system is approximately 114.0pc from Terra, and is located in a Spinrimward/Rimward direction from Terra at bearing 166.0o Galactic Longitude and -23.4o South Galactic Latitude.
- The Sterope star system is approximately 116.6pc from Terra, and is located in a Spinrimward/Rimward direction from Terra at bearing 166.1o Galactic Longitude and -23.4o South Galactic Latitude.
History & Background (Dossier)
Though it is in the same local area of space, Asterope is NOT the primary star of the world Asterope/Euxene (Aldebaran 0706), which orbits the M6 V companion of a another red dwarf of spectral type M5 V. The primary star of the world Asterope does lie close to the actual location of the star named Asterope, however, and likely lends the world its name.
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article has metadata.|
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at 21_Tauri. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. The text of Wikipedia is available under the Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.|
This list of sources was used by the Traveller Wiki Editorial Team and individual contributors to compose this article. Copyrighted material is used under license from Far Future Enterprises or by permission of the author. The page history lists all of the contributions.
- EXTERNAL LINK: SIMBAD @ University of Strasbourg: 
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: WHULorigan
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science