Shkadov Thrusters or stellar engines are a class of hypothetical megastructures which use a star's radiation to create usable propulsion energy.
- Such a thruster could hypothetically be used to move a planet or even a star.
- TL:13-15 technology cannot produce such a device and any found will likely be precursor artifacts or superscience prototypes.
Some variants use this energy to produce thrust, and thus accelerate a star, and anything orbiting it, in a given direction. The creation of such a system would make its builders a Type-II civilization on the Kardashev scale.
FTL Drive Specifications
FTL Drive Specifications (Starship Propulsion) Category Specifications Remarks Name TBD TBD Drive Type TBD TBD Velocity TBD TBD Duration TBD TBD Hazards TBD TBD Physical
TBD TBD Geometry TBD TBD Levels TBD TBD Entry TBD TBD Exit TBD TBD Fuel TBD TBD Resource
TBD TBD Inventor TBD TBD Characteristics TBD TBD
No information yet available.
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at engine Stellar engine. The list of authors can be seen in the engine&action=history page history. The text of Wikipedia is available under the Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.|
- Frank Chadwick, Dave Nilsen. Fire, Fusion, & Steel (Game Designers Workshop, 1994), 71.
- Don Perrin. Starships (Imperium Games, 1996), 71.
- David Golden, Guy Garnett. Fire, Fusion & Steel (Imperium Games, 1997), 66.
- SS&V #4 - Gravitics vs. Fusion Rockets
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science