|Sequoyah/Capella (Solomani Rim 1337)|
|Classic Era (1115)|
- It lacks adequate resources to expand its economy to a rich status.
- Its economy and population are rapidly growing and living conditions are expected to quickly rise barring outside forces.
- This a "high technology" world with technology achievements at, near, or over technology standards for Charted Space.
- It is a member of the Solomani Confederation in the Capella Subsector of Solomani Rim Sector.
- The system is part of the Near Boötes Cluster.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
No information yet available.
Sequoyah Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Sequoyah
Primary Main Sequence 0.489 2800 - 3600 0.04 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.00511 0.01659 0.16 - 0.26 0.511 5.11 Orbit # * * 0 1 6 Remarks
1337 Sequoyah (Solomani)
Starport: Class V.
Diameter: 4,400 miles (7,000 km). Gravity: 0.78g.
Atmosphere: Dense oxygen-nitrogen.
Population: 5.3 billion.
Control Level: 0.
Tech Level: 11.
World Trade Number: 5.5.
History & Background (Dossier)
Sequoyah was one of the first worlds of the Near Boötes Cluster to be settled, sometime around -2150. Many of the original colonists claimed family or spiritual descent from the from the aboriginal "Indian" populations of North America. Within a few generations, their cultural preferences had become ingrained, and some aspects of this original cultural slant can still be seen today.
- Like the rest of the Near Boötes Cluster, Sequoyah was cut off from interstellar civilization through most of the Long Night. Historical records are sketchy, but it appears that Sequoyah went through a long period of social and political turmoil, culminating about -200 in a civil war and political revolution. The result was the foundation of the Free Republic of Sequoyah, which continues in existence to the present day.
- The republic is an extremely libertarian state that maintains no police or military forces of its own. All matters of domestic law enforcement and planetary defense are contracted out to private firms. The highest government authority is a planetary Congress, which theoretically acts as the assembly of all citizens.
- Sequoyah is a high-population world located within Capella Subsector of the Solomani Rim.
Non-canon: In 2521 AD (-1997) the Sequoyah (Solomani Rim 1337) government, originally an impersonal bureaucracy, broke into individual factions which resulted in the Sequoyan Conflict, a global war lasting 17 years. In the end, many of the minority factions petitioned the ruling government to establish a separate colony on Tarsus.