This is a world-system under construction and is currently being input-programmed into the Traveller RPG Wiki.
|Rutherglen/Scotian Deep (Reaver's Deep 1213)|
|Classic Era (1115)|
Rutherglen is a pre-agricultural, pre-Industrial, moderate population world with over a hundred million, but not yet at a billion sophonts in population size.
- It requires significant imports of outside technology to maintain a modern, star-faring society.
- Its economy and population are growing and living conditions are expected to slowly improve barring outside forces.
- It is a member of the Principality of Caledon in the Scotian Deep Subsector of Reaver's Deep Sector.
- This world has a nearby Naval Base, usually associated with military starships.
- This world has a nearby Military Base, usually associated with ground forces.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
- It is used as a base for a number of a military facilities.
The Royal Caledonian Expeditionary Service uses Rutherglen as a main training base. The Prince's Own Corps of Guards has a guard regiment from the fifth brigade stationed here, this is a TL 12 unit. The Caledonian Nobility consider this a fairly tranquil planet, and most local barons feel secure with a small number of personal bodyguards. There are 300,000 local defense forces, organized into twelve brigades, with system defense forces, air force, support troops and wet navy. This planet is also the home port for Task Force 12 (Royal Caledon Navy). That powerful task force of the Royal Caledonian Navy is part of the Spinward Station and charged with protecting versus Reaver activity.
- Main World Data
- Starport B: Good Facilities. Spacecraft Shipyards. Refined Fuel. Class IV
- Diameter 7 Medium (11,200km)
- Atmosphere 7 Standard, Tainted
- Hydrographics 8 Wet World (80%)
- Population 8 300 Million
- Government C Charismatic Oligarchy
- Law Level A Extreme law (Weapons possession prohibited) GCR 6
- Tech Level B Early Stellar (Jump, Circa 2100) GTL 9
- Core Type Molten
- Density 1.08 Earths
- Mass 0.86 Earths
- Gravity 0.99 G
- Rotation Period 18 hours
- Orbital Period 111days
- Axial Tilt 20 degrees
- Orbital Eccentricity 0.018
- Satellites 1
- Surface Pressure 1.368 atm
- System Classifications:
- World Trade Number (WTN): 5
- Per Capita Income (WPCI): $3,660
History & Background (Dossier)
No information yet available.
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- J. Andrew Keith. Far Traveller 1 (FASA, 1982), TBD.
- Dale Kemper. Far Traveller 2 (FASA, 1983), TBD.
- Jim Cunningham, John Harshman, J. Andrew Keith, Marc W. Miller, Gordon Sheridan. Atlas of the Imperium (Game Designers Workshop, 1984), TBD.
- Classic Traveller Divine Intervention/Night of Conquest
- J. Andrew Keith, Marc Miller, John Harshman. Aslan (Game Designers Workshop, 1984), TBD. (named but no further data)
- William H. Keith Jr.. Duneraiders (Gamelords, 1984), TBD.
- J. Andrew Keith. Ascent to Anekthor (Gamelords, 1984), TBD.
- J. Andrew Keith. Pilot's Guide to the Drexilthar Subsector (Gamelords, 1984), TBD. (data-generated)
- J. Andrew Keith. Escape (Marischal Adventures, 1987), TBD.
- Classic Traveller Trading Team by J. Andrew Keith
- Gary L. Thomas. The Travellers' Digest 16 (Digest Group Publications, 1989), TBD.
- James Holden, Joe D. Fugate Sr., Terrance McInnes. Vilani & Vargr (Digest Group Publications, 1990), TBD. (dot map provided)
- Peter G. Celella, James Holden. Solomani & Aslan (Digest Group Publications, 1991), TBD. (dot map provided)
- Loren Wiseman. Challenge 54 (Game Designers' Workshop, 1991), 20.
- Kevin Knight. "Pilot's Guide to the Caledon Subsector." Traveller Chronicle 05 (1994): TBD.
- Kevin Knight. Traveller Chronicle 06 (Sword of the Knight Publications, 1994), TBD.
- Kevin Knight. "A Pilot's Guide to the Caledon Subsector." Traveller Chronicle 07 (1995): TBD.
- William H. Keith Jr., J. Andrew Keith. Scam (Cargonaut Press, 1998), TBD.
- Paul Sanders, J. Andrew Keith. Reaver's Deep Sector Sourcebook (Cargonaut Press, 1998), TBD.
- Steve Jackson, Loren Wiseman. Alien Races 4 (Steve Jackson Games, 2001), TBD.
- Periodical: Into the Deep 1
- Periodical: Into the Deep 2 by Author & Contributor: Brett Kruger
- Brett Kruger. Into the Deep 4 (BKP, 2011), TBD.
- EXTERNAL LINK: Into the Deep #1 Link
- EXTERNAL LINK: Archive.org RingSurf Reavers' Deep Net Ring by Author & Contributor: Keven R. Pittsinger of the RingSurf Reavers' Deep Net Ring
- EXTERNAL LINK: Non-Canon Link
- EXTERNAL LINK: Caledon Subsector - Jimmy Simpson
- EXTERNAL LINK: Non-Canon Traveller Library (defunct)
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Mitchberg
- Author & Contributor: Brett Kruger
- Author & Contributor: IISS Junior Administrator and Master Astrographer Ensign Phillips
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science