An anomalous signal originating from a system centered on a yellow main sequence star. The signal is frequent, modulated, and in the 400-700 MHz range.
RSS My1203 was detected by the University of Selasia Spinward Survey. It became public knowledge following publication of the "Stars of the Rim" Astrographic Survey in 5570AD. The signal may be a false positive, it may be being transmitted by a currently unknown advanced sophont NIL, or it may simply be a natural phenomenon.
If the signal does originate from a sophont source, a number of different explanations regarding its meaning have been proposed:
- It is an indicator of Vilani activity. Given Mycene Sector's position relative to Terra and the Distant Fringe, the signal is not considered likely to have Vilani origins.
- A Voyager Beacon, emplaced by the Slavers.
- A gravestone or memorial. The final marker of a dead civilization.
- The originators of the signal are very different to other sophonts, perhaps dangerously so.
- Oblivious. The originators of the signal are unaware of the existence of other sophonts or simply don't care.
- Internal Communications. The signal is not intended for outsiders.
- Assist Us. A cry for help, though it is probably already too late.
- Stay Away.
- We're Coming.
- Curious. The originators of the signal want to communicate.
- A warning to others about a significant threat or danger.
Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
World Listing: 1105
References & Contributors / Sources
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|