The Far Future server hosting the Traveller Wiki will be upgraded 5 Dec 2019 starting at 4pm CST and will be down for about an hour.
Otrai (GR 0929) (world)
|Otrai/Poonch (Glimmerdrift Reaches 0929)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
Otrai (GR 0929) is a pre-agricultural, pre-Industrial, moderate population world with over a hundred million, but not yet at a billion sophonts in population size.
- It requires significant imports of outside technology to maintain a modern, star-faring society.
- Its economy and population are growing and living conditions are expected to slowly improve barring outside forces.
- It is a Non-Aligned world dominated by human sophonts located in the Poonch Subsector of Glimmerdrift Reaches Sector.
- It is the homeworld of the Otari, a sophontic species and Human Chimera adapted to the harsh environment of this world.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
No information yet available.
Otrai (GR 0929) Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Otrai (GR 0929) Primary Yellow-White F5 V None
Otrai (GR 0929) has a pressure of 0.71 to 1.49 atmospheres.
- A Standard Atmosphere does not require survival gear and will likely be easy for most sophonts to breathe within it.
- It also has a Tainted Atmosphere which is a type of atmosphere known for possessing irritants that make it difficult or impossible for conventional sophonts to tolerate respiration for any length of time.
- This atmosphere contains an unusual taint such as such as disease, a hazardous gas mix, pollutants, or sulfur compounds which requires the use of a filter mask.
- This atmosphere requires a filter mask.
- TL-3 or more advanced survival gear is required to settle this world.
History & Background / Dossier
No information yet available.
Otrai (GR 0929) has a frontier quality starport.
- A Class E Starport Facility is a very limited facility.
- This facility has no shipyard and can only perform extremely limited repair work at best.
- This facility has refueling infrastructure and limited refining capabilities. One may purchase unrefined fuel here.
- Starports of this class are usually a Lowport and a Highport would almost never be found.
World Technology Level
- Common Communication technologies for this TL include: Telephone, radio, and television.
- Common Power Generation technologies for this TL include: Early fission power generation, advanced water and wind generation of electricity.
- Common Transportation technologies for this TL include:
Otrai (GR 0929) has a Balkanized Government.
- No central ruling authority exists. Rival governments compete for control.
- The typical power source of this government is a Balkanization.
- The typical power structure of this government is a Confederation (Anarchy).
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Dave Sering, Steve Crow. Glimmerdrift Reaches (Judges Guild, 1981), TBD.
- Jim Cunningham, John Harshman, J. Andrew Keith, Marc W. Miller, Gordon Sheridan. Atlas of the Imperium (Game Designers Workshop, 1984), TBD. (star map)
- Citation Missing - K'kree (Alien Module) (Alien Module 2: K'kree) (named but no further data)
- Citation Missing - Hivers (Alien Module) (Alien Module 7: Hivers) (named but no further data)
- Marc Miller. "Wars of the Imperium." Imperial Encyclopedia (1987): TBD.
- Citation Missing - Alien - Vilani & Vargr (dot map provided)
- Citation Missing - Alien - Solomani & Aslan (dot map provided)
- Periodical: MegaTraveller Travellers' Digest No. 14
- GURPS Traveller: Humaniti
- Martin Dougherty, Hunter Gordon. Gateway to Destiny (QuikLink Interactive, 2004), TBD.
- Mongoose Traveller: Solomani
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Dakin Burdick
- Author & Contributor: Enoki
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science