|Oruns/Zebylono (Iphigenaia 0130)|
|Classic Era (1115)|
Oruns is an agricultural, nonindustrial world still lacking adequate means to expand its economy.
- As an agricultural world, this world is a near-ideal environment for producing quality foodstuffs of plant, animal, and other forms. Quality foodstuffs are a major export commodity for this world.
- It requires extensive imports of outside technology to maintain a modern, star-faring society. Having to import most manufactured and high tech goods drives the price up for these items at this world.
- It is a member of the Regency of Muirimi in the Zebylono Subsector of Iphigenaia Sector.
- This is a temperate world, with a climate of pleasant, average temperatures, considered to be an ideal or near-ideal environment by many different sophont species.
- This world-system hosts a Naval Base, usually associated with military starships, which may be located on or off-world.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
Oruns has a solitary primary star.
- It is a yellow-white main sequence.
Oruns Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Oruns
Primary Main Sequence 1.144 5700 - 6400 2.126 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.01096 0.12094 1.16 - 1.89 1.096 10.96 Orbit # * 0 4 3 7 Remarks None
The worlds of the system have been surveyed. They consist of:
- The mainworld.
- x4 secondary rocky worlds.
- x4 gas giants.
The mainworld orbits within the stars habitable zone.
Mainworld Size (S)
Oruns is a Meso World between 10,400km and 12,000km in diameter. The world has a standard gravity between 0.7G and 0.9G. The horizon will appear about 4.7km away.
Mainworld Atmosphere (A)
Oruns has a pressure of 0.43 to 0.70 atmospheres. While the thin atmosphere does not require survival gear this atmosphere also contains an unusual taint such as such as disease, a hazardous gas mix, pollutants, or sulfur compounds which requires the use of a Filter Mask. Some taints may require more protective equipment. TL–3 or more advanced survival gear is required to settle this world.
Mainworld Hydrosphere (H)
Oruns has 55-65% of its surface covered by liquid water. It has significant large liquid bodies. Wilderness refueling is possible.
Oruns retains a large close moon.
- The two worlds orbit a barycenter once every few days.
Mainworld Geography and Topography
No centrally held map of the world exists within AAB Library Data records.
- Locally, detailed maps may be available.
- Verified updated charts are constantly sought.
- Detailed survey data commands premium prices.
(Placeholder chart, predominantly watery world.)
Extensive native life. Its metabolic functions drive the process of atmospheric renewal.
History & Background (Dossier)
- It is a member world of the Regency of Muirimi.
- It has been settled for centuries.
- The resources of the system are being exploited.
The population are culturally Muirimi.
- The inhabitants can trace their origins back to the central Asian and Indian subcontinent regions of Terra.
- The majority are followers of Sitaraism, a form of star-worship.
The system is bustling. There is a considerable amount of in-system activity.
- Commercial vessels arrive and depart almost constantly
- Commo is buzzing with chatter and signals.
- Multiple navigation beacons are active.
- Vessels travel between worlds and facilities within the system.
- Naval vessels may be active in the system.
The world formed part of an ancient Muirimi state called the Pietten Confederation.
- The Confederation practiced a harsh form of Sitaraism that placed many restrictions on its followers.
- The polity was considered belligerent and frequently had disputes with its neighbours, particularly the Republic of Georgia.
- Despite fervent internal protest, the Confederation and its member worlds chose to join the Regency upon its formation.
Note that social data, though only 40 years old, may be out of date.
- Verified updated data is constantly sought.
World Starport (St)
Oruns has a Class B Starport, a good quality installation which includes all the expected amenities including refined fuel for starships, brokerage services for passengers and cargo, and a variety of ship provisions. There is a shipyard capable of doing annual maintenance, overhauls and most kinds of repair, and construction of non-starships. Most ports of this classification have both a Highport and a Downport.
World Demographics (P)
Oruns has a population of 2 million.
A few large urban centers are surrounded by smaller satellite communities.
- Inhabited areas are dotted across the world.
- Much of the surface of the world remains as wilderness.
World Technology Level (T)
Oruns possesses a Technology Level of TL–7.
- Common Communication technologies for this TL include: Early video and early satellite communication networks.
- Common Power Generation technologies for this TL include: Early fuel cells, solar energy, and geothermal power sources.
- Common Transportation technologies for this TL include:
- Land: Improved automobiles, hovercraft, and bullet trains.
- Water: Hydrofoils and early triphibians.
- Air: Hang gliders and supersonic jets.
- Space: Deep space probes and interplanetary spacecraft (System Craft).
World Government (G)
Oruns is governed by a Civil Service Bureaucracy. The leadership of the government is another form (democracy, dictatorship, oligarchy), but the bureaucracy leadership influences policy. The government leadership may select the bureaucracy leadership, but not its membership. Usually the governmental leadership is divided, or incapable of setting policy and the bureaucracy provides a stabilizing influence. The bureaucracy may be the full government bureaucracy or a section with limited jurisdiction but considerable influence like the military.
Approximately 8000 personnel.
World Law (L)
Oruns has a high law level with laws covering many areas of interactions of people, corporations, and the government. A few worlds with this law level may be Amber Zones. Any interaction with the judicial system requires an Advocate trained in the local legal system. Law enforcement is present almost everywhere, either as people or via technology. Legal proceedings can take weeks to months to resolve and involve a dozen or more people. All blade weapons and firearms, and anything more destructive, are typically regulated or prohibited.
- Resources: 8 (moderate)
- Labor: 5 (hundreds of thousands)
- Infrastructure: 3 (very limited)
- Efficiency: -1 (average)
- Importance: 0 (unimportant)
- Homogeneity: 9 (discordant)
- Acceptance: 6 (aloof)
- Strangeness: 6 (very distinct)
- Symbols: 6 (somewhat concrete)
- 300-420: the First Survey charts the system.
- 995-1065: the Second Survey charts the system.
- 1065: the Second Survey is published.
References & Contributors (Sources)
- Mark Gelinas. Dark River (Tidewater Traveller Club, 1988), .
- Peter G. Celella, James Holden. Solomani & Aslan (Digest Group Publications, 1991), 50, 51. (sector named, dot map provided locating world)
- Author & Contributor: Jo Grant of CORE (generated data)
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- ↑ "Jump Map API" and map location from Travellermap.com