This is a world-system under construction and is currently being input-programmed into the Traveller RPG Wiki.
|Orash/Tsorva (Halcyon 1111)|
|Classic Era (1115)|
|Primary||M2 V D|
Orash is a poor, non-agricultural and nonindustrial desert world with no free-standing water.
- It is unable to produce quality foodstuffs and must import them.
- This world has few prospects for economic expansion and life is very bleak and trying here.
- It requires extensive imports of outside technology to maintain a modern, star-faring society. Having to import most manufactured and high tech goods drives the price up for these items at this world.
- It is a member of the Unity of Sed in the Tsorva Subsector of Halcyon Sector, which is part of the Distant Fringe.
- 1 Astrography and Planetology
- 2 History & Background (Dossier)
- 3 References & Contributors / Sources
Astrography and Planetology
This star system is detailed using the Fringian Variant System Description.
Binary Solar System
- No results
Orash Binary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Orash
Primary Main Sequence 0.4258 2400 - 3300 0.027 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.0044 0.01358 0.13 - 0.21 0.44 4.4 Orbit # * * 0 1 6 Remarks
The primary is Planck, an ordinary red main sequence star. It has a luminosity of 0.0268 Sols, a mass of 0.4258 Sols, and a diameter of 658,000 km. (I) Nestor, a small gas giant, orbits within the habitable zone: (Ia) Orash is its only major moon and is designated the mainworld. (II) a large gas giant, (III) an exotic atmosphere radworld, and (IV) a vacuum worldlet form the inner part of the outer system. Orbital positions (V) through (VIII) are unavailable due to the presence of the companion star. (IX) an exotic atmosphere bigworld and (X) a vacuum iceworld form the outer part of the outer system. All of the inner worlds have strongly elliptical orbits, being strongly influenced by the gravitational pull of the companion star. Many of the worlds retain satellites.
The companion is Laue, a dwarf star that lies at a mean distance of 5.31 AU (orbital position (VII), 794.4 million km) from Planck. It has a luminosity of 0.00003 Sols, a mass of 1.11 Sols, and a diameter of 8,350 km. (I) a trace atmosphere worldlet, (II) an exotic atmosphere bigworld, and (III) a small gas giant form the outer system. All of the worlds retain satellites.
- The two stars orbit a barycenter located approximately 2.1 AU from the primary and have an orbital period around one another of 2 years 166 days.
(I) Nestor is a small gas giant that orbits Planck at a mean distance of 0.16 AU (23.9 million km), within the habitable zone. It has an orbital period of 35 days 20 hours. It has a diameter of 31,000km and is a banded pale blue colour. (Ia) Orash is its only major satellite and is designated the mainworld.
(Ia) Orash is the only major moon of (I) Nestor and is designated the mainworld. Orash orbits its parent world at a mean distance of 25 diameters (775,000 km), with an orbital period of 107 days 21 hours and a rotation period of 107 days 21 hours: it is tidally locked to Nestor. The axial tilt is 3 degrees. Orash has a diameter of 6,527 km, a density of 5.72 g/cm³, and a surface gravity of 0.53 G. Orash is flexed by tidal forces and is geologically active. Its atmosphere is rated as Very Thin, with a mean surface pressure of 0.34 bar and a composition of 81% nitrogen (N2), 18% oxygen (O2), and 1% argon (Ar), water vapor (H2O), carbon dioxide (CO2), neon (Ne) and other trace gases. Orash is a desert world: less than 1% of the surface is covered in lakes of liquid water. Mean surface temperature: 29°C. The atmosphere is sluggish and weak weather systems crawl across the globe. The climate is relatively static.
Mainworld Geography and Topography
Total surface area: 134 million km², Land surface area: 133.5 million km², Water surface area: 0.5 million km².
Orash, the mainworld, has primitive native life, entirely consisting of extremophile microscopic organisms that exist anywhere that they can find liquid water. Their metabolic functions drive the process of atmospheric renewal.
History & Background (Dossier)
- A former member of the Corolian Jurisdicture.
Orash has a Class D Starport, a poor quality installation which has few of the expected amenities. There is unrefined fuel for starships and a limited variety of ship provisions. There is no shipyard of any kind, but there may be parts and technical support for doing minor services and repair. Ports of this classification generally consist of only a downport, unless this is a trade port or system with an hostile environment mainworld.
World technology level
- Common Communication technologies for this TL include: Early video and early satellite communication networks.
- Common Power Generation technologies for this TL include: Early fuel cells, solar energy, and geothermal power sources.
- Common Transportation technologies for this TL include:
Orash is governed by a Feudal Technocracy. Society divides itself based on the technical requirements of the society. Each of these functions are granted as a fief to an individual or group. Leadership of these fiefs determines the head of the government.
Local Defense Forces (approximately 8,500 personnel).
Unity of Sed militia forces (approximately 64,000 personnel).
- Resources: 9 (Moderate)
- Labor: 5 (Hundreds of thousands)
- Infrastructure: 2 (Extremely limited)
- Efficiency: +1 (Average)
No information yet available.
- Homogeneity: 5 (Harmonious)
- Acceptance: 3 (Xenophobic)
- Strangeness: 6 (Very distinct)
- Symbols: A (Abstract)
No information yet available.
No information yet available.
References & Contributors / Sources
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|