Noricum (TR 2018) (world)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Noricum/Sindal (Trojan Reach 2018)|
|Classic Era (1115)|
|Primary||G2 V M9 V M6 V|
style="width: 220px; height: 250px;"
Jump map from Travellermap.com 
Noricum (formerly Sindal) is a rich, independent garden world in the Outrim Void in Sindal Subsector in the Trojan Reach.
- This a "low technology" world with technology competency well below technology standards for Charted Space.
- It is part of the Sindalian Main.
- During the Long Night this world was named Old Sindal.
- It is considered to be a Die Back World with some remnants and ruins of an ancient civilization.
No information yet available.
Trinary Solar System
Noricum Trinary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Noricum
Primary Main Sequence 1 5100 - 5900 1 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.0093 0.08294 0.8 - 1.3 0.93 9.3 Orbit # * * 3 3 7 Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Noricum
Secondary Main Sequence 0.215 1900 - 2400 0.001 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.00187 0.00262 0.03 - 0.04 0.187 1.87 Orbit # * * * 0 4 Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Noricum
Tertiary Main Sequence 0.302 2000 - 2800 0.006 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.00297 0.00615 0.06 - 0.1 0.297 2.97 Orbit # * * * 0 5
History & Background (Dossier)
Noricum was the capital of the Sindalian Empire until it was devastated by artificial plagues in -1446 during the Empire's final days.
- The planet is covered with ruins from the old Empire and deadly viruses continue to taint the atmosphere.
- Over thirty percent of Noricum is still considered a death zone more than 2,000 years later.
Non-canon: Noricum was placed under administrative interdict by the Scouts in 186 and under full interdict by Martin I in 194 to protect the indigenous population.
- Some or all of the natives are asymptomatic plague carriers.
- In the first half of the 3rd Century, several lethal plagues on other worlds in the region were traced to illegal treasure hunting expeditions to Noricum.
- This made the Count of Gazulin add a quarantine to the interdict.
- The interdict/quarantine is enforced by interdiction satellites and frequent Imperial Navy patrols.
References & Contributors (Sources)
This list of sources was used by the Traveller Wiki Editorial Team and individual contributors to compose this article. Copyrighted material is used under license from Far Future Enterprises or by permission of the author. The page history lists all of the contributions.
- Gary L. Thomas, Joe Fugate. The Travellers' Digest 20 (Digest Group Publications, 1990), .
- Mike Jackson. "Sindal Subsector." Third Imperium 01 (1986): 8.
- Hans Rancke-Madsen, "The Outrim Frontier." JTAS Online (June 19, 2007)
- Gareth Hanrahan. Aslan (Mongoose Publishing, 2009), .
- Author & Contributor: Hans Rancke-Madsen
- ↑ "Jump Map API" and map location from Travellermap.com