Kir (Co 3105) (world)
|Kir/Shinkan (Core 3105)|
|Classic Era (1115)|
Kir (Co 3105) is a non-agricultural, pre-industrial vacuum world, which warrants hazardous environment precautions.
- Life in a vacuum requires great discipline. After all, it only takes one forgotten seal on a vacuum suit to spell death. Those who survive tend to be very methodically-minded and attentive to small detail.
- It is unable to produce quality foodstuffs and must import them.
- It requires extensive imports of outside technology to maintain a modern, star-faring society. The need to import most manufactured and high technology goods drives the price of these goods up in the open market.
- Its economy and population are slowly growing and living conditions are expected to improve in the near future barring outside forces.
- This a "high technology" world with technology achievements at, near, or over technology standards for Charted Space.
- It is a member of the Third Imperium in the Shinkan Subsector of Core Sector in the Domain of Sylea.
- This world has a nearby Imperial Naval Base, capable of handling warships.
- This world has a colony at Garen (world).
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
The bulk of the Naval Base's presence are the orbital boatyards. These military orbital facilities are heavily defended and largely self contained. High security prevents civilian shipping from venturing anywhere near the military complexes. The surface facilities are spartan, and most of the civilian habitation is deep underground.
Kir Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Kir
Primary Main Sequence 0.3942 2300 - 3100 0.02 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.00404 0.01179 0.11 - 0.18 0.404 4.04 Orbit # * * 0 1 6 Remarks
History & Background (Dossier)
The local opinion here is that the Imperium is bigoted toward aliens. The planet is home to a cosmopolitan mixture of sentient species, living largely in harmony. This planet used to have a university, widely renowned for its departments of natural sciences. There was a gradual decline, which resulted in its' eventual destruction in -108, when disaster struck. Many of the experiments were seen as perversions of the natural order. The biological specimens escaped, killing nearly all colonists, on the planet at the time. This collapse occurred during the long night and superstitious natives swear the unclean progeny still lurk in the deep underground tunnels and deep burrows of the former colonial complexes, long abandoned by modern citizens. Many feel these older sections are best left sealed and undisturbed. Further evidence of this precursor culture is found in the massive colonial asteroid ships, drifting hidden and largely uncharted in the system's planetoid belt. These mobile laboratories housed advanced self supporting closed loop ecosystems. A myriad of strange, genetically modified organisms from hundreds of worlds were modified and placed there. Rumors of the ancient scientists and university researchers still sleep aboard their craft, frozen and waiting. Occasionally, a bold and crazy explorer will come looking for salvage and treasure. Few of these folk are seen or heard from again by the locals.
Imperial High (Landed) Nobility
Kir has a Class B Starport, a good quality installation which includes all the expected amenities including refined fuel for starships, brokerage services for passengers and cargo, and a variety of ship provisions. There is a shipyard capable of doing annual maintenance, overhauls and most kinds of repair, and construction of non-starships. Most ports of this classification have both a Highport and a Downport.
World Technology Level
No information yet available.
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|